We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday celebration in Honolulu

los angeles
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Birthday celebration in Honolulu

We will be in Honolulu to celebrate my husband's birthday. Can you recommend a restaurant that would be really fun or does something special to celebrate a birthday?

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,400 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Birthday celebration in Honolulu

Do you want really fun or really good food and view or just good food, view not needed?

I mean Zippy's can be fun and I love their food, but it isn't a special occasion place.

Orchids is great for food and view and a definite special occasion place, but "fun"? Not sure on fun, I mean no party hat or sparkler in your birthday cake.

There are so many possibilities can you narrow it down a bit more?

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Birthday celebration in Honolulu

I am suggesting really good restaurants in the order of preference-Michel's, LaMer, and Orchids, also, the Hau Tree Lanai. Please remember restaurants, like many things in life are very sujective-so, please do Not try to start an argument on what is the "best".LOL.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,466 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Birthday celebration in Honolulu

Top of Waikiki. Went there to celbrate my b-day a couple weeks ago. Very good food, nice ambience, incredible views as it rotates high above Waikiki. They brought out a nice complimentary desert of a wonderfully-rich brownie with mac nut ice cream and caramel sauce.

See;

http://www.topofwaikiki.com/

A different Waikiki experience.

Or, Jimmy Buffet's in the Ohana Beachcomber.

los angeles
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Birthday celebration in Honolulu

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm looking something more festive or fun. Are there places where they really do something nice for your birthday (free food, sing Happy Birthday, etc...?)

Victoria, BC, CANADA
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Birthday celebration in Honolulu

My family has gone to The Oceanarium at the Pacific Beach Hotel for birthdays before. They have a nightly buffet and dive shows every couple of hours. For my aunt's birthday, the diver in the aquarium had a sign that wished my aunt a happy birthday. It's different and not something you'll find elsewhere!

www.pacificbeachhotel.com/dining/oceanarium

Bay Area
Level Contributor
257 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Birthday celebration in Honolulu

We celebrated my Hubbies birthday one year at The Shore Bird... They gave us a window seat next to the beach and sang Happy Birthday, gave him a free piece of cake with a birthday candle and took our Picture...

Have a great trip!

7. Re: Birthday celebration in Honolulu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2011, 06:17