We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restuarants recommended

Melbourne
Level Contributor
258 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Restuarants recommended

Ive been reading about the best dining in waikiki

has anyone actually been to any of these restuarants they seem to have good reveiws.

best breakfast - Hula Grill Waikiki

best buffet - Prince Court

best late night meals - eggs'n'things

Dim Sum- Legend Seafood Restuarant

Sydney
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Restuarants recommended

I've had breakfast at the Hula Grill, it's nice (it's above Duke's at Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach). The views from the balcony tables are great!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,954 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restuarants recommended

It depends on what you are looking for. I think the Hula Grill is nice, but no where near as good as Orchids or Azure or even the Hau Tree Lanai for ocean front dining.

The Eggs n Things is great for breakfast, but so is the Wailana Coffee House and a few other places. As to late night dining I think Wailana and Zippy's would be better, but it depends on how late you are talking.

Prince Court is a great buffet if you are talking about dinner, but it might be the best because there are just not that many. We also like the Willows for lunch and Orchids or John Dominis for Sunday Brunch.

Legends is very good dim sum, we also like the Royal Garden as well.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
258 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restuarants recommended

Thanks for the replies,

My favorite meal of the day is breakfast so i am looking for a very good breakfast place. Where something different is served not the basic eggs and bacon, pancakes etc...

My brother is more into buffets I think mainly because of his budget, where as I believe if the food is good and worth the $$ then Id be happy to pay. Plus I like to get different ideas to bring back with me lol.

sydney Australia
Level Contributor
192 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Restuarants recommended

Hi People,

I thought John Dominis was gone..IF I ever get back to the Hawai'i Prince

I want have a try at that Pink Snapper. [I cannot spell the name.]

All the best to all of the people....K/Burp.....

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,954 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restuarants recommended

John Dominis has more lives than a cat. It was supposed to close two years ago for redevelopment, but the soft economy put the project on hold. It supposed to be open until sometime in Nov., but I am hopeful it gets another reprieve.

Good breakfast places are Duke's, Eggs n Things, Wailana Coffee House, Zippy's, Sam Choy's, Lulu's, KOA Pancake House and Original Pancake House. And if you get up to Pearlridge Shopping Center, Anna Miller's.

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
224 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restuarants recommended

I need a healthy breakfast, so I usually go to Perry Boys (Smorgy) on Kuhio so I can get my oatmeal, fresh fruit, salads, etc as well as the other standard fare. DID I JUST HEAR THEY CLOSED ?????

Edited: 19 October 2010, 03:31
sydney Australia
Level Contributor
192 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Restuarants recommended

Hi there,

Good to hear about J/D's Restaurant still going...

Some people won't throw in the towel..K/Burp...

Melbourne
Level Contributor
258 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restuarants recommended

Omg the first time i was at waikiki only stayed a couple of days and we passed the place called smorgys I did a double take lol and had to ask....worldwide franchise? Yup they have them downunder. Been there 3 times due to invitations ate once to give it a go, only drank the other 2 times never again dont know how the one in waikiki is but the ones in Melbourne aghhhh!! All frozen preservative plastic food. Maybe the one in waikiki is better.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,954 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restuarants recommended

The last Perry's Smorgy in Honolulu closed maybe a month or so ago. A lot of people rejoiced at the closing because they didn't like the food, but it served a population with low cost food and lots of it. Not everything in Waikiki can go high end.

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,423 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restuarants recommended

Eggs N Things is good, but as stated, I don't know if I would consider it the "best" late night place. It's mostly breakfast food (eggs, pancakets, etc.), so if that's what you want to eat late at night, then it's not a bad place. But then again, late night might be the best time to go there because it gets very crowded in the mornings! It's a little pricey, so I would rather go to Wailana Coffeehouse or Zippy's.