We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Honolulu Intl. Airport to Waikiki Beach

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
159 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Honolulu Intl. Airport to Waikiki Beach

Taxi Cost? Is there a bus to take?Thanks

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,685 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Honolulu Intl. Airport to Waikiki Beach

1. A taxi is approx. $28-35 depending exactly where in Waikiki you are headed.

2. There are various shuttle busses waiting right outside baggage claim (no reservations required) that make a loop thru all the hotels. I think these are about $10-12 per person?

3. "The Bus" is the award-winning public transportation system on Oahu and it goes from the airport to Waikiki but there are limits as to the size of luggage you can bring on board. See their website at thebus.org $2.50(?)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
159 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Honolulu Intl. Airport to Waikiki Beach

Great Thanks for your Help!!!

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
136 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Honolulu Intl. Airport to Waikiki Beach

Try Hawaii23, only $23 and you don't share so you get there so much quicker than a shuttle. Also you are not paying extra if you are stuck in traffic. Mahalo

Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Honolulu Intl. Airport to Waikiki Beach

We used Ilima Tours and Transportation. They met us at the airport and drove us to our hotel (Hyatt) in Waikiki. The driver gave us some good info about Honolulu and such. When he dropped us off at the front of the hotel, he said we would be picked up for our return to the airport at the same spot. This wasn't true.

Pick up from our hotel back to the airport was not as smooth. We were suppose to be picked up at 9am, so we got down to the pick up spot at 8:45am. We waited untl 9:15am and I called Ilima. They said the driver was on her way and would pick us up at 9:30. We waited some more. I talked to our bell service and they thought the pick up would be in a different spot. I called Ilima again and was told the pick up would be on Koa Ave. at 9:45am at the Koa Ave pick up. Things were getting very confusing. The van finally came at 10:15am which was over an hour past the time they said they would pick us up. The drive never said a word to us and never said thank you or appologized. She seemed very put out. Needless to say, she didn't recieve a tip.

We wouldn't use Ilima again for any type of transportation. If they can't do a simple tranport back and forth from our hotel, I can only imagine how bad they are with their tours. They just seemed to unorganized.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Honolulu Intl. Airport to Waikiki Beach

Well, that is one of the reason, we always take a taxi back to the air port from the taxis that line up in front of the hotel.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,893 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from Honolulu Intl. Airport to Waikiki Beach

Old post, Texas. But since this question is asked 2 or 3 times a week ... stay tuned and try again.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,075 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from Honolulu Intl. Airport to Waikiki Beach

We travel to Oahu/Waikiki regularly and usually get a rental car. A couple of times without a car we did the taxi, $30. It is worth every bit of the cost to get to the hotel directly and back to the airport without worries.

Bendigo
Level Contributor
901 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation from Honolulu Intl. Airport to Waikiki Beach

Just back and used Hawaii 23 from and to the airport. Have used Ilima, Roberts and other before and there always seemed to be a hitch in the pickup times. When you arrive you just want to get to the hotel, particularly after a long trip and returning to airport certainly do not want any delays getting there.

There were lots of good posts re Hawaii 23 and I add to them - we are back in Hawaii in September and will use Mark again. Was $23 for 2 and well worth it.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation from Honolulu Intl. Airport to Waikiki Beach

Email Mark at Hawaii 23 with your questions....he will get back to you pretty well right away allowing for time differnces if applicable.

I went with him in April...just one person, from airport to Waikiki.

I am sure he will help you out.

Going from Sheraton Waikiki to airport by TAXI cost me $40 + tip & that was 5.30am....direct route.

That was in April.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,893 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transportation from Honolulu Intl. Airport to Waikiki Beach

Once again ... look at the date on this post. It's an oldie.