We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which places to stop along the way

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
which places to stop along the way

We are planning a trip to Oahu and plan to rent a car. I would like all to give me their favorite places to stop and see as we drive along the North Shore. Mahalo

One place for sure will be the Pali Lookout, also I love Hanauma bay but it's really hard to find a parking spot, so may not get to stop there. More suggestions would be appreciated

Kailua, Hawaii
Level Contributor
697 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: which places to stop along the way

Byodo-In Temple.

http://www.byodo-in.com/

Ulu Po Heiau, Kailua.

Edited: 02 February 2011, 23:58
Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,799 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which places to stop along the way

Agree w/Byodo Inn, also consider Waimanalo Beach (you won't want to leave).

I am taking your question to mean places to stop as you drive to the North Shore, sorry if I misinterpreted. I think you have to pay to get into Hanauma Bay also, but passing by there is the direction to get to Waimanalo Beach (east side of island) from the Waikiki area.

Idaho
Level Contributor
547 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which places to stop along the way

Kailua Beach Park is nice.

4. Re: which places to stop along the way

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2012, 09:17