We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renovations at Hilton Hawaiian Village

Renfrewshire
Level Contributor
46 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Renovations at Hilton Hawaiian Village

My husband and I have booked a rainbow tower delux ocean view room in the hilton for July and have just been told by our tour operator that there will be renovations taking place in this tower during our stay. We have been told this shouldn't affect our stay, Would love any advice from anyone who has stayed here during previous renovations as to whether we should upgrade to the Ali tower and am I being over cautious. This trip is to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary to I would love it to be as near as a perfect trip as possible We came across this problem on a recent trip to Antigua and did have to move rooms as the noise was unbearable.

Many thanks for any advice given

Anne

Sydney
Level Contributor
499 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renovations at Hilton Hawaiian Village

I haven't stayed there at all let alone during renovations, but in general thinking I would suppose it would depend on the times you are in your room. If you are likely to be out most of the day it shouldn't be an issue really? But can understand if you are frequently in your room through the day it can be a very annoying issue.

We stayed in a condo that had work going on in the building when we were in maui (hence the cheap rate we couldn't believe we were getting at the time of booking!). For the first three days it was of no issue to us, because we were up by the time they started working getting ready to go out. If we came home it was to shower change and head back out but generally weren't back in our room until after the work had stopped. However the one rainy day where we did hang inside playing Uno, the noise coming from the unit renovations upstairs was ANNOYING. thank goodness for portable ipod speakers I say! Naturally when we were hanging around the unit on our last day packing etc, the little bit of noise from further away also then bugged us.

Maybe it would be best to change if you are worrying about it. Especially if its such a special occasion as your wedding anniversary. If You go into the holiday worrying about the potential work noise you will likely be more irritated by it.

maybe its a sign that such a special occasion require an upgrade???? :)

Missouri
Level Contributor
784 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Renovations at Hilton Hawaiian Village

I love the Rainbow tower at HHV. High floor, Diamondhead side.

If I were you I would call the hotel directly and ask them what they are doing while you are there. It it is something very noisy or a major renovation, then you may not want to stay there.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
329 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renovations at Hilton Hawaiian Village

Has anyone stayed there since they started the construction? We are going to be there June 3rd. Was wondering how it is affecting people staying in the tower? We stayed at the Hale Koa when they were renovating the Ilima tower...they put us in a room a few floors above the construction and it was too loud! The next day they moved us higher up and it wasn't as bad. We would like to stay at the Hilton this time because we have some award nights with Hilton.

Edited: 25 April 2011, 18:56
Mentioned in this post
Hale Koa Hotel
Hale Koa Hotel
2,134 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Ilima Hotel
Ilima Hotel
989 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renovations at Hilton Hawaiian Village

We were due to stay at the HHV from 4-30 June. Our tour operator has just moved us to another hotel due to renovations that are due to begin on 8 May. I understand they are pretty extensive & involve digging up the main road around the grounds, go to travel-Hawaii.com/Hawaii_hotel_construction. For more details

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,121 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renovations at Hilton Hawaiian Village

When in doubt book another hotel.

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,721 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renovations at Hilton Hawaiian Village

This is an old post...

All renovations to the HHV Rainbow Tower were completed and the rooms are wonderful!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
57,866 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Renovations at Hilton Hawaiian Village

Ummm, according to the HHV.....

"Effective May 8, 2012, Hilton Hawaiian Village will be starting a renovation project. The project will consist of the following details/schedule: - Improvements to the main drive into the resort (May-June 2012) - Tapa Tower Retail space renovation (May-November, 2012) - Tapa Pool Renovation (May-November 2012) - Building of new Louis Vuitton store (May-November 2012) - Ali'i Tower Renovations - Soft & Hard Goods (July 2012-January 2013) The first part of the renovation to include the Rainbow Drive, Tapa Retail Space, Tapa Pool Renovation and Louis Vuitton building will commence on May 8, 2012 with the erection of partitions surrounding the affected areas to allow for the safety of the guests. The Alii Tower renovations will start July 2012. The resort will do everything possible to minimize guest inconvenience, however, please understanding that renovation/rejuvenation is unpredictable and times and noise levels will differ between dates. "

Scheduled to end 1-31-13.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
51,195 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Renovations at Hilton Hawaiian Village

Although the thread is old, scott posted new information. There is going to be some extensive work done in this area. I'm going to avoid the HHV and surrounding areas most of the summer!!

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,721 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Renovations at Hilton Hawaiian Village

Thank you Scott.

Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
5,141 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Renovations at Hilton Hawaiian Village

I thought you couldn't post on threads over a year old? When did that change...again?

Anyway yes Rainbow Tower renos are complete, however as posted there are a number of other construction/renovations still to be done. These won't affect the RT itself, but it will still be noticeable on the grounds. If the price is right it would still be worth considering as renos won't have much impact on the RT area.