We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawaiian Airlines First Class: A330-200 vs B767 TransPac Flt

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milpitas, California
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hawaiian Airlines First Class: A330-200 vs B767 TransPac Flt

If anyone out there has flown to/from CONUS to HNL on both the HA B767 and A330-200, is there any significant difference in service/comfort on the two types of aircraft. I was hoping that the First Class seats on the newer aircraft might have more modern controls (recline, footrest, lumbar, etc), and perhaps a bit more room.

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hawaiian Airlines First Class: A330-200 vs B767 TransPac Flt

The last time I looked at SeatGuru, the dimensions were almost identical. I'm sure the service would be virtually the same

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,075 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hawaiian Airlines First Class: A330-200 vs B767 TransPac Flt

They look about the same, and not very impressive compared to the 1st class seats on some other aircraft (such as Delta's A-330 from Atlanta). Here are the seatguru links:

seatguru.com/airlines/Hawaiian_Airlines/Hawa…

seatguru.com/airlines/Hawaiian_Airlines/Hawa…

But still a whole lot better than a coach seat.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hawaiian Airlines First Class: A330-200 vs B767 TransPac Flt

I love HA, but I think they missed the boat on their 1st class cabin on the A330. They should have gone withthe upgraded 1st class seats that you find on some of the other carriers (ex. American's 767s to Hawaii). Still, I love the service and would take them more often if i could.

Milpitas, California
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hawaiian Airlines First Class: A330-200 vs B767 TransPac Flt

Thanks for your reply. I too love their service but if they didn't take advantage of more moder seats from AirBus, then they did miss the boat. Aloha.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hawaiian Airlines First Class: A330-200 vs B767 TransPac Flt

Hawaiians policy is not many people pay for first class so don't waste a lot of space on it, gives them a slight advantage over the other airlines.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hawaiian Airlines First Class: A330-200 vs B767 TransPac Flt

That really doesn't compute since United and a few others have the same set up on their Hawaii flights. One could also make the case that more people would pay for first class if it was a bit nicer. But...moot point

Milpitas, California
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hawaiian Airlines First Class: A330-200 vs B767 TransPac Flt

Thanks to everyone for all your replies. I was hoping to hear from someone who had actually traveled the route at least once or twice, in both types of aircraft. Anyway, Mahalo to all for your replies; appreciated.

Honolulu
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Hawaiian Airlines First Class: A330-200 vs B767 TransPac Flt

I travel often from LAX to HNL on HA. I have traveled on both the 767 and airbus mainly first.

I prefer the airbus for both the seating and in flight entertainment but really not dramatically better.

the HA 767 are quite old and show their age so it is nice to be in a more pristine craft.

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hawaiian Airlines First Class: A330-200 vs B767 TransPac Flt

We've been first class on the 767's quite a bit over the years. There's usually something wrong with the seats. No all the way back recline like your partner's seat, footrests don't work properly. Little problems that HA doesn't fix promptly.

10. Re: Hawaiian Airlines First Class: A330-200 vs B767 TransPac Flt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2012, 14:56
Edited: 12 November 2012, 14:56