We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradise Cove Luau--Deluxe vs. Royal Box?

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Paradise Cove Luau--Deluxe vs. Royal Box?

We're thinking about doing a luau in our upcoming trip, and after much looking, we're leaning towards the Paradise Cove Luau. I know Germaine's is cheaper, but the Paradise Cove seems to have pre-show activitis. Now, the confusing part is which package to choose from?? There are 4 packages: standard, orchid, deluxe and royal box seat. The Deluxe and Royal Box Seat packages are the same price. Does anyone have experience at the Paradise Cove Luau? From their website, it seems that the Deluxe is front row, and the Royal Box Seat is "elevated stage level covered seat back of reg seating." What does this mean?

Not sure if it make a difference, but in our group, there are my husband and I, my 5-year old daughter, and a 9 months-old baby.

Thank you for all your help.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradise Cove Luau--Deluxe vs. Royal Box?

I was there in May and bought the deluxe package. Loved everything about it. But to be honest I would go with the Royal Box as you can see the whole stage then. We were right beside the stage, and you are at an angle and it makes it hard to see the other side of the stage. To be honest I would do the Orchid Luau buffet if I were to go again, the only real difference is that you are not served, you would have to get in a line for the buffet. Not a big deal really, and I think it is quite a bit of a price difference. Also you wouldn't get the picture they take of you, but you can purchase it I think for about $20.00. Hope this helps with your decision.

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradise Cove Luau--Deluxe vs. Royal Box?

We did the Royal Box several years ago. Table side service, excellent view of the stage since it's about 4 feet elevation. We also got souvenir mugs and glasses as well. Worth it? It was for us.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradise Cove Luau--Deluxe vs. Royal Box?

Thanks for all your replies. Is the luau rain or shine? What happens if it rains? Do you see any high chair available if we do the Royal Box? I'm assuming you eat at the Royal Box? Or is the eating area separate?

Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradise Cove Luau--Deluxe vs. Royal Box?

We got the deluxe package last year and we were seated in the Royal box/ Very spacious and you get a hula dance to yourself while everyone is being seated. They come and serve you your drinks as well as your meal. The view is great of the whole show. It was a great time.

5. Re: Paradise Cove Luau--Deluxe vs. Royal Box?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 20:16