We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honolulu Airport Shuttle Issues

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Honolulu
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Honolulu Airport Shuttle Issues

I travel to Hawaii about 4 times a year for business, and this was the 2nd time I have used this company. Their driver was delightful. However, the booking agent was a jerk. He incorrectly scheduled my departure from one hotel to another hotel 2 hours early, but I did not notice it on the 5 page e-mail confirmation. When I called to complain when the driver arrived 2 hours early, the scheduling person called me back and started yelling that he could not reschedule, he had sent an e-mail and he would charge me double and it was my fault, all in an angry tone of voice. I had been required to pre-pay my round trip from the airport to the first hotel and 3 days later back to the second hotel near the airport at $157, plus tips. He insisted it was my mistake not his, even though we had talked over the phone, and that he would charge me another $85 to take me to the 2nd hotel if I did not take the current van immediately. Their ad in the 5 page "confirmation" e-mail claims they are 70% cheaper, but the hotel I was at said they could book me a car for $100 vs. Honolulu Airport Shuttle's $85 rate. That is 15% less, not 70% less using my math. False advertising, incorrect scheduling, and a rude booking agent all add up to me never using Honolulu Airport Shuttle again.

Central Coast NSW
Level Contributor
221 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honolulu Airport Shuttle Issues

Try using Mark at Hawaii23 Transportation. They seem reasonably priced and reliable! Good reviews on TA which is where I heard about them.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,957 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Honolulu Airport Shuttle Issues

They send a confirmation for a reason--so you can check and be sure everything is right; they are in essence confirming your plans. No one should ever treat a customer the way you were treated, but you do have some responsibility for this error. The lesson here is alway check and double check your paperwork.

BKK
Level Contributor
541 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honolulu Airport Shuttle Issues

Everything was totally unacceptable, including a 5 page confirm. I lost patience after half a page.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,905 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honolulu Airport Shuttle Issues

I, and others, get a little "skeptical" when a first post is to TRASH an activity, service or such. A little industrial subterfuge??? Take it somewhere else - not TA, please.

You say that you travel TO Hawaii ... but you are from Honolulu.

Houston
Level Contributor
3 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honolulu Airport Shuttle Issues

Well my input on this company is not very good either. I was actually going to leave a review for them but can't find them on here. I booked with them for a round trip pick up/drop off. Upon arrival I had received the information as stated in a 5 page email that I was to turn my phone on and I should have a text telling me where to meet the driver. So I called. The lady who answered the phone was very nice and she placed me on hold to check on the driver. A very RUDE man picked up the phone and asked me where I was. I told him what baggage claim and he said well your early and told me to wait for a call and hung up on me. WHAT??? Ok I'll admit the flight was early...5 minutes early. IMO 5 minutes shouldn't make a difference. So I waited 10 minutes....no call. My husband called back. They told us the driver was on the way to go outside and wait. OK so we do. We wait 10 minutes, still no driver and no more calls. So we call back. They told us to walk across the pick up lane and wait the driver should be there in a moment. So we go over where instructed and wait. There was another man standing there with his van (very nice) and asked what company we were waiting for, we told him Honolulu Airport Shuttle, and he says yes this is there spot. So we wait...25 minutes later the van pulls up. She parks way behind the other van that is there and proceeds to clean out her van. (At this point we don't know this is our ride) In another 5 minutes she pulls up and asks if we are the party she is looking for. We say yes and walk around to put our bags in the van. As we are trying to place the bags she says "WAIT....lets get this out of the way first" She places the leis over our necks and said Welcome.....

The entire ride to the hotel was quite. She didn't speak to us, didn't ask us how our flight was, didn't apologize for being 40 minutes late. I was extremely disappointed with this company. Had I known what to expect (this was our first trip to Hawaii) I would have just rented a car or just grabbed the shuttle bus at the airport. I was hoping for someone to be waiting with a big smile on their face, and to greet us with the lei and walk us to our car etc.. I saw several people doing this. I guess I should have researched more, but for the money I paid I did expect a courteous driver who was on time.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,524 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honolulu Airport Shuttle Issues

TA does not provide a place to review shuttle or transportation companies. Since this is the case it's perfectly fine to write your reviews on the forums.

Auckland- New...
Level Contributor
113 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honolulu Airport Shuttle Issues

U can't beat hawaii23, mark was brilliant both times and $35 for a family of five

Chisago City...
Level Contributor
453 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honolulu Airport Shuttle Issues

Hawaii23 has always been reliable and pleasant to deal with and only charge us $23.00.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honolulu Airport Shuttle Issues

Hawaii 23 homepage states they don't take reservations during the months of Aug and Sept. What are the next best alternatives?

Dallas
Level Contributor
20,756 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honolulu Airport Shuttle Issues

meix - hawaii23 gives some alternates that they recommend.

Personally I'm going to use go808express, the actually are only $20 from HNL to Waikiki and several people on the forum have used them and say they have had great, dependable, friendly service from them as well.

Have a great trip.

Aloha