We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fireworks cruise, best company

Toronto
8 posts
Save Topic
Fireworks cruise, best company

We will be nine people, 8 adults and 1 five year old. No one is into the 'booze cruise' scene, but would rather have a nice, semi quiet view of the fireworks from the ocean. Drinks would be great too, just not into the loud rowdy scene. Could anyone suggest a great boat/catamaran for this.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,430 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fireworks cruise, best company

Don't know.

Google: fireworks cruise Oahu

This is one I found that seems reasonably priced. Kewalo Basin is just on the opposite side of Ala Moana Park from Waikiki.

tombarefootshawaiitoursactivities.com/…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
253 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fireworks cruise, best company

i assume this is for the friday fireworks that Hilton has? :)

Sorry can't provide any info for a cruise as we stayed at Hilton next to the fireworks

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,585 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fireworks cruise, best company

If the focus of taking the cruise is to get out on the water and enjoy the spectacular city lights of Honolulu .....

Taking a cruise is, I guess, a good idea.

But I say, save the $300+ and just take a stroll out to the end of "Magic Island" (a peninsula actually) located at the Waikiki end of Ala Moana Beach Park. The view is beyond belief.

You will see the fireworks at the HHV over the open water (it is located a very short distance away). with the lights of Waikiki Beach hotels and the boats of the Ala Wai Marina in the background.

Unless I am standing directly under the fireworks as close as I can get to the firing area, Magic Island is my favorite vantage point.

Toronto
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fireworks cruise, best company

How far a walk would it be from the Hilton? We have some elderly people in our group.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,430 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Fireworks cruise, best company

"How far a walk would it be from the Hilton? We have some elderly people in our group."

300-400 yards or meters

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
363 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fireworks cruise, best company

not to highjack but--if we are not staying at the Hilton and want to drive/park and then walk to the fireworks (or somewhere to see them)--how far would my 83 yr old aunt need to walk (she is healthy, funny and loves boubon--if that helps)?

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fireworks cruise, best company

The Maitai also does a moonlight cruise, but the moonlight cruises are pegged as romance cruises. For a group thing with light drinking, I might consider a morning sail. Very nice out and quiet.

$15 with this coupon ecouponshawaii.com leahi.com

For walking you need to get just past the Reef hotel to see the fire works, you can stop for a Makers Mark at the Yardhouse on the way

8. Re: Fireworks cruise, best company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 14:16