We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Pearl Harbour

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Derby, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Pearl Harbour

I will be staying at the Sheraton Waikiki Beach for three nights and want to spend a day at Pearl Harbour. Can I get there by bus from that area?

Thanks

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,388 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Pearl Harbour

#20 or #42 will get you there with no need to transfer.

If you plan to take the bus a lot on Oahu, on the right side of the page, click on the Top Question, Taking the Bus.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,339 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Pearl Harbour

You can -- and it will take you at least an hour.

dcj
texas
Level Contributor
370 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Pearl Harbour

Dusty is that right? 1 hour to Pearl from Waikiki. Seems like I took the bus from the Outrigger Reef probably 10 years ago and didn't seem like a bad ride.

Chiangmai Thailand
Level Contributor
119 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Pearl Harbour

Hello,

Any one have a good idea that how long really take a bus ride from Sheraton Waikiki to the Pearl Harbor? My time is very limited, I need to plan accordingly.

Thanks

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,476 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Pearl Harbour

We do it every year when we visit, and Dusty is right. About an hour--remember it is a city bus that is making stops to let people on and off. We enjoy the ride, as it's fun to see various areas of Waikiki. #42 is probably the quickest, because it does not go thru the airport.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
21,544 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting Pearl Harbour

Aloha, The bus ride will take at least an hour, and I would leave as early as possible. Aloha

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting Pearl Harbour

Thanks for that folks. I don't mind an hour on a bus in a new place. Beats being in the office!! :))

Chiangmai Thailand
Level Contributor
119 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visiting Pearl Harbour

Well, since the bus will take an hour, Please tell me, how much the taxi ride will cost from Sheraton Waikiki to the Pearl Harbor?

How is the taxi ride system in Waikiki? do I have to call in advance or I can get one on the street?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,339 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visiting Pearl Harbour

Taxi will cost you about $50. each way. You could taxi there and take the bus home. Or you could rent a car for the day and explore the Island after Pearl Harbor. Or you could take a van tour ... which may be a little restrictive time wise (you are on there schedule) but worth investigating. There are all kinds of tours that include Pearl Harbor.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,388 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Visiting Pearl Harbour

"Well, since the bus will take an hour, Please tell me, how much the taxi ride will cost from Sheraton Waikiki to the Pearl Harbor?"

$40 - $45 each way

You can also take a shuttle. It is about $15. Quicker than the bus.

1 hour 15 minutes by bus:

http://www.thebus.org/pop/airport.asp?l=