We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thank you

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,933 posts
186 reviews
Save Topic
thank you

i just wanna say ,..even tho im a DE . you guys on the honolulu forum have been outstanding in your replies, i,m very grateful and cant wait to go,... thanks soooo much

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,776 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: thank you

Tony...it's time for the Caddy to chime in. Get you one of them "backscratcher" drinks with the cheap accoutrement. After you've finished it (the drink), you can ah.....knock the giant spiders off your Oahu condo wall...you know they are ever prevalent in Hawaii. Then again...they have many uses. We can't discuss them all...or can we?

Edited: 16 April 2011, 22:05
Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,947 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: thank you

Thanks.

I'm sure you'll have a great trip.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,933 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thank you

SPIDERS??????? what spiders?????????

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,238 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: thank you

Pay Caddy no mind, Tony...

Some of the dryer, most rural areas of Hawaii (mostly the neighbor islands, rarely Oahu) have "Cane Spiders".

Pretty good sized, skinny, with long legs.

But I have never seen one in urban Honolulu, and only a few out in the fields in Central Oahu.

Don't worry about it.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,933 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: thank you

phew!!! i was brickin it then!! dont like creepy crawlies, thank,s amberloo, once we were in orlando, and er indoors woke me to catch a cockroach in the bathroom, it was so big it had a saddle on it,s back!!! needless to say we changed rooms within the hour!! lol lol

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
3,510 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: thank you

Oh dear.

Didn't they say anything about THE SPIDERS? Don't you go worrying too much. The huge centipedes usually keep the spider & roach populations manageable. Saw one on the first trip and I thought a previous renter's child had left their lego toy behind. Easy to identify, because you can hear their hundred feet stomping past like one of those school parades.

And you thought the bamboo backscratcher in the cocktail was for your back? Bahahahaha! Listen to Da Caddy. He has the "good oil".

The spiders are mostly non-agressive, until they're enclosed within the confines of an average apartment and then they start freaking out. They don't move very fast, so you should be able to easily outrun an aggressive one. Even at the annual Ala Moana Beachpark Cane Spider Races, the average speed of the thoroughbred racing ones is well under 22ft per sec.

And let's not mention THE POOLS.....

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,933 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: thank you

not funny........lol lol

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
3,510 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: thank you

:-))

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,933 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: thank you

gonna rebook for somewhere else.....

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
3,510 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: thank you

Haha! Stay in Hawaii.

Come to Australia and just about anything that begins in an "S" bites! Hawaii is a creepy crawly-free heaven compared to here! Even their jellyfish in Hawaii just painfully sting. Over here, the same size one is called an irukandji and is deadly unless you're really lucky.

Have a great vacation in paradise and sorry, but couldn't resist a "stir"!