We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels I am staying at...any comments, advice?

chicago
Level Contributor
281 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotels I am staying at...any comments, advice?

so I just got done booking the rooms for my trip. Aqua aloha(superior room), waikiki gateway(not looking forward to it gambled and lost on hotwire luckily only for 1 night), Marriott (priceline, gambled and won) and Hawaii Prince(priceline, gambled and lost IMO).

Any comments about these hotels would be greatly appreciated along with cheap parking rates...are any of these hotels near waikiki banyan where I can just pay $10 per day for parking and walk back to hotel?

Napa, California
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels I am staying at...any comments, advice?

The Marriott is right next to the Banyon - that's where I stay, and that's where I park.

The Prince is where we used to hold my Co. Christmas party - they have a great buffet, its a nice hotel, not in the thick of it.

chicago
Level Contributor
281 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels I am staying at...any comments, advice?

thanks for the info!

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,795 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels I am staying at...any comments, advice?

Aqua Aloha Surf is close enough to walk to Waikiki Banyan. 3-4 blocks.

Marriott Waikiki #71

Waikiki Banyan #70

Gateway (intersection of Kuhio & Kalakaua) #16

Aloha Surf (right behind International Market Place) #57

Hawaii Prince (overlooks Ala Wai Yacht Harbor) #2

I am curious. Why four different hotels?

chicago
Level Contributor
281 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels I am staying at...any comments, advice?

Thanks Dusty appreciate it. What are the #'s next to the hotel you wrote?

No particular reason. I haven't been to hawaii enough times to know what are good hotels or not. Last time I stayed at Aqua Palms and Spa which was fine. I do not have a "go to" hotel, I just follow the best deals around usually. I initially got a good deal from aqua aloha but wasn't sure about the hotel so....only booked partially, then looked then so on and so forth.

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels I am staying at...any comments, advice?

Here is the map the numbers relate to - www.discounthotelshawaii.com/waikikimap.html

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,795 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels I am staying at...any comments, advice?

"Here is the map the numbers relate to - www.discounthotelshawaii.com/waikikimap.html "

Thank you LesRose.

Evidently I forgot to put in the link.

chicago
Level Contributor
281 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels I am staying at...any comments, advice?

oh cool, thanks guys! is there anyway i can print that? Do I print in landscape?

Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels I am staying at...any comments, advice?

Plan ahead, don't let hotel hopping take half of your day away having to change hotels. Fun to see different rooms but def a time consuming hassle.

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,723 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels I am staying at...any comments, advice?

That's my concern with the plan as well. You have to be out of hotels by 11am usually. And can't check into hotel until 3pm or so. So if you stay at 4 places, that means on 3 different days, you'll have a chunk of time devoted to packing, checking out, getting to next hotel, leaving luggage, having more than a few hours to kill before you can get your next room.

suze

chicago
Level Contributor
281 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels I am staying at...any comments, advice?

i think most/some hotels let you do "late" check out around 3pm....yeah i realize that and i'll have a car so I won't mind. I never really settle in a hotel room even if I have checked in luggage. I don't check in and spread my stuff out all over the place from fear of cleaning staff stealing stuff and me not knowing til I get home or forgetting stuff(speaking from personal experience).