We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fourth time in Oahu

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
28 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
Fourth time in Oahu

This will be our fourth time visiting and staying in Waikiki, this time two adults and one 17 year old. We've done the luaus, climbed the mountain, seen whales, etc. Anyone have an idea for something new and or different?

Thanks!

Napa, California
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fourth time in Oahu

It's funny, the reason I like to go to one place over and over again is because I don't have to do anything! After the must dos, I am able to just be.

I would probably spend a lot of time at the different beaches, especially on the North Shore.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fourth time in Oahu

I would probably go to another island.

Have you been to PCC to see the new night show? If not --- I would suggest that.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
28 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fourth time in Oahu

LOL, I like your comment :)

We are taking a cruise this time so need to start here on Oahu, figured we go a few days early for R&R on the beach BUT, I am not one who can sit around for long, sooooo, we trade off, we'll do a couple of days relaxing and then a day or two of ??

We have not seen the new show, so will check into that.

Thank you for the idea!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
28 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fourth time in Oahu

Thanks, we will spend a day there, I am not one to just sit and relax, so if I have a few things planned to stimulate the old brain, then I'm happy :)

Yorba Linda...
Level Contributor
171 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fourth time in Oahu

We are heading to Oahu on Sunday . We no longer count the number of trips we've made. A good deal of our time is spent visiting Oahu family members. However, we still look forward to spending time at our favorite hotel and taking a walk on the beach every morning to our favorite Starbucks. We try new restaurants (that we see mentioned on TA). We can't wait to lay by the pool, read a good book and look out at the ocean while drinking something with an umbrella in it.

I look forward to doing NOTHING. Take time to just relax.

Have you walked through Chinatown? We have booked the "Hollywood" tour at the Kuoloa Ranch. They also have horseback riding and ATV tours. If your 17 year old is a girl she'd be happy shopping the day (s) away. A 17 year old boy would love to spend the day surfing/snorkeling.

Oahu is a location you can go to over and over and over and still get excited as much as you did when you visited the first time.

Have a great vacation.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,874 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fourth time in Oahu

Hiking Diamond Head is an annual family workout for us. The pics make great Christmas cards.

Have you done the Windward side of the island? Kaneohe, Kailua etc.? Been to the Pali lookout, Punchbowl National Cemetery of the Pacific, USS Arizona Memorial, Manoa Falls, Lanikai Beach, Kualoa Beach Park.....

There is just so much to do.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,947 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Fourth time in Oahu

On the Honolulu forum & the Oahu forum, right side of the page, Click on the Top Questions.

Order the free Oahu travel planner

1-800-GOHAWAII

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fourth time in Oahu

Everyone should ride the waves in an outrigger canoe, its one of the things that made Waikiki famous, no where else offers this. Its cheap- its fun -don't miss it.

www.alohabeachservices.com

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
15,458 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fourth time in Oahu

There are so many places to go for a hike, enjoy a botanical garden, sun and picnic on different beaches.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fourth time in Oahu

I understand repeated trips to a place you love. I lived on Barbados for 3 years and I've been back 5 times since I left -- even though I live on Oahu now! That's my idea of paradise so I will endure the long flight to get there.

The "Ha Breath of Life" show is wonderful! I loved it. Totally worth the trip. I've seen it once and will be going back the end of May to take my aunt.