We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not long to go now

Sydney
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Not long to go now

only a few more weeks to go before our 1st trip to Hawaii can't wait!! we have 3 nights at the Gateway Waikiki, 5 and the Holiday Inn and 5 at the Outrigger on the Reef so I will make sure I post a review on each. Very excited to go to Pearl Harbour and all the shopping.

One question is can you find a lot of Elvis records at the swap meet? and any other last minute tips?

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
194 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Not long to go now

Shop shop shop. With the dollar as it is the bargains are everywhere. We will be there in July for our 5th time and cannot wait. Make sure you do the Diamond Head walk. The food is amazing and the Mai Tai's outstanding. You will be back.

Sydney
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Not long to go now

Yeah Diamond head is on the list. We are going to be over there for the 2nd game of the state of origin do you know of any sports bars that may show the game??

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Not long to go now

Maybe Yard House in Lewers St, or there's a sports bar / Italian cafe' across the road.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
48,551 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Not long to go now

I don't know about Elvis records at the Swap meet but there is a little diner in the Kings Village (Rock Island Cafe), that has a lot of Elvis memorabilia.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Not long to go now

There was a thread a couple months ago about places to buy records. Perhaps someone bookmarked it??

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
188 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Not long to go now

Heres the thread about the records:

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g60982-i38-k439…

Enjoy your holiday, I have just under a month to go.

bargarabeach
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Not long to go now

Hi

I find it unusual that on your first trip to Hawaii you are changing hotels 3 times in the time you are there.

Sydney
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Not long to go now

Whats the big deal trying out a few different hotels you know a couple of moderate and then a really nice one for the last few nights to relax???

bargarabeach
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Not long to go now

Hi

My wife and myself have visited Hawaii 7 times over the years and stayed at different hotels each time,on our last trip in 2009 we stayed at the Outrigger Reef and I can assure you it will be a great experience.As you are probably aware it's only recently been refurbished and the rooms are great .

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
121 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Not long to go now

you will love it! I just got back :( i miss it already!

bring a backpack, that is a must, its nice if you go to Diamond Back or a island hopping trip or even just walking around, you can carry water in there or whatever, and make sure you pick out those magazines, they are at the airport or even walking around you will see them, there are coupons on some of them!

oh and the best $22 we spend was buying Island 808 vodka(we got the Guava/pineapple flavor) and got some soda and mango and peach nectar and made some drinks for ourselves since we had a refrigerator in our room...oh try the Maui Splash pineapple wine, its really good...

Moose's and Yardhouse had a good happy hour, There are happy hours everywhere actually!

I do recommend the Island Hopping trips, we enjoyed them!

most importantly have fun!