We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Haleiwa Town

Ft.Wayne
7 posts
Save Topic
Haleiwa Town

Recommended restaurants in Haleiwa,Kamehameha Hwy,Waialua . Especially one that have a buffet breakfast, dinner.

Williamson, West...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Haleiwa Town

There's a nice little restaurant on the main road that we ate breakfast, but no buffet. It was all good and good service. I can't remember the name.

Della B

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,985 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Haleiwa Town

Cholo's for lunch or dinner. Don't know about breakfast.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Haleiwa Town

Don't think I've ever seen a buffet in Haleiwa!! I like Cholo's and Breakers. Pizza Bob's is good. There is a good hamburger joint. Kau Burgers I believe is the name. Jamisons and Haleiwa Joes gets good reviews.

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Haleiwa Town

Kua'aina has great burgers in Haliewa town.

Opal's Thai Truck it's in a parking lot with other food trucks across from Mickey D's in Haliewa excellent thai food.

Ted's Bakery in Sunset Beach area has a great garlic shrimp plate lunch

I don't recall any buffets either.

@
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Haleiwa Town

Not Cholo's.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,658 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Haleiwa Town

I like Cholo's.

Decent food. Not overly priced.

honolulu
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Haleiwa Town

Cholo's was recently aired on the news for a bacteria that infected all their lunch patrons. The bacteria came from the feces of a worker that did not was his hands. So, I'd have to agree with genx1 on this one.

Belgium
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Haleiwa Town

Haleiwa Joe's is a nice restaurant with a ocean view terras, but don't think they do breakfast. http://www.haleiwajoes.com/

Than there is a sandwich bar Kua'Aina, reeeal good sandwiches...

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Haleiwa Town

Of the 42 "suspected" cases of norovirus, only 1 came out positive. Cholo's restaurant VOLUNTARILY shut their doors and under the supervision of a state health inspector, cleaned, disinfected and threw out food that was SUSPECTED to have been tainted. They were done and back in business 24 hrs later. I personally wouldn't let this keep me from eating the good food found at this establishment.

Malibu
Level Contributor
11,176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Haleiwa Town

I've never seen a buffet on the North Shore. Cafe Haleiwa will make you a breakfast that will do the trick though.

And I agree with msfuzz about Cholo's.