We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Equus Hotel vs. Aqua Palms

Grand Bay, New...
Level Contributor
60 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Equus Hotel vs. Aqua Palms

Hi. Will be attending a function for a week at the Prince Hotel in January but can't afford to stay there. We do want to be within easy walking distance. Staying an extra week for relaxation. I found good prices on the Equus and Aqua Palms. Have read the reviews here and elsewhere and still can't decide. Has anyone stayed at both of them? Opinions? Thanks.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,985 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Equus Hotel vs. Aqua Palms

Please give us your nightly accomodations budget for other ideas.

Boston...
Level Contributor
26 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Equus Hotel vs. Aqua Palms

I've stayed at the Palms - not Equus, which is about 1 1/2 blocks further towards Ala Moana (away from Waikiki). It's a reasonable place, great location, friendly staff, clean space, not up-to-date decor.

Grand Bay, New...
Level Contributor
60 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Equus Hotel vs. Aqua Palms

#1, we are able to get both of those hotels for under $100 including tax. That is pretty well our limit. It is also essential that we be able to walk to the Prince. If anyone has any other ideas within that price range, I would be happy to hear them.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,678 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Equus Hotel vs. Aqua Palms

I would lean to the Equus based on location and reputation.

http://www.wizardpub.com/oahu/orequus.html

5. Re: Equus Hotel vs. Aqua Palms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 11:19