We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Hawaii Nights

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
136 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Hawaii Nights

We saw this Elvis Tribute show at the Outrigger in March and loved it. They are not doing the show there anymore. Does anyone know where they will be performing? Hawaii really needs an Elvis show and it was a great one. Mahalo

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
28,112 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Hawaii Nights

I was aware that the show had started up. Was not aware that it closed already.

Updated info:

http://bluehawaiinights.com/

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
28,112 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Hawaii Nights

By the way, there have been Elvis shows before in Waikiki. Lots of competition form other shows/luaus.

Plus many visitors to Oahu have been to Las Vegas & have seen Elvis impersonator shows or can during their next trip.

It's hard to start a new show in Waikiki. Many other shows have tried & failed.

Mentioned in this post
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
11,181 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Hawaii Nights

Very insightful Dusty,

Not to mention:

1. He died (or left to Pluto) 34 years ago.

2. Most of his remaining fans are at or beyond retirement age.

3. It is getting so a significant minority of visitors never heard of him, and a majority have probably never heard one of his songs.

4. I'm a big fan, but while his Hawaii movies were iconic for him and the islands, they really weren't very good or with any lasting artistic merit.

5. Even in Vegas the number of performing Elvi has dropped big time in recent years. Hope Blue Hawaii can make it over there.

Mentioned in this post
nwf
NSW Australia
Level Contributor
910 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Hawaii Nights

Hi there,

Every interest has a time limit and it is only natural that we find ongoing replacements even for the greatest of those interests..

It is a great pity that there are not a lot more "Artists' who might have the

Integrity and personality of Elvis...NWF..

Aloha, Oregon
Level Contributor
127 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Hawaii Nights

We were in Waikiki in June and saw an article that "Legends" with Elvis and several other impersonators would be opening in the showroom at Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center. I think it said in the fall.

JSN
san francisco
Level Contributor
362 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Hawaii Nights

Well, Amberloo, a visit to Graceland would give you a new perspective. Last year on a trip to Memphis, I was dumbfounded at the young people going on the Graceland tour. Even huge troops of boy scouts!! Elvis' real fans are there of course, but are a small number amongst the throngs of younger people. It makes me smile to this day to think "The King" is still appealing to many people who want to tour Graceland and learn about Elvis. Of course this has nothing to do with an Elvis show on Oahu, I'll bet that's a tough market.

Mentioned in this post
Memphis
Memphis
Tennessee
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Hawaii Nights

In 2006 when my daughter and I did our cross-country trip, the only place my daughter insisted on visiting was Graceland. I was surprised she even knew who Elvis was, she never listens to his music.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue Hawaii Nights

@ shasplaz .... "The Legends in Concert" opened in the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center, formerly Level4, last thursday for an unlimited run. The show format is the same as in Las Vegas.

@ GoldCoastFran .... Ron Short who did Elvis at the Outrigger SOS Showroom, closed due to attendence and relocated to Las Vegas.

One other show opening next week on December 20th is the "Lani Misalucha Show". Lani was voted the top Female singer in Las Vegas by the media in 2008 & 2009. Produced by Robert's Hawaii, this show is not to be miss. Lani has a five octave voice, does Celine Dion, Whitney Houston and others. The show will showcase at 8:30 pm at the Magic of Polynesia Showroom with John Hirokawa's Magic of Polynesia show at 6:00 pm.

Mentioned in this post
9. Re: Blue Hawaii Nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2012, 10:18