We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spray tan

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ulladulla, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Spray tan

Hi there,

Can anyone recommend a place to get a good spray tan in Waikiki? We are staying at the Aston pacific monarch so close to there would be good.

It is winter in Australia and I am sooooo white. Actually I am always really white so would love to get a bit of colour.

Sydney
Level Contributor
499 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spray tan

A spray tan may go all blotchy and yucky with the sand and everything over there.. Can't reccommenda place as i don't know one, but if you find one, I'd suggest using a gradual tanning mosituriser everyday after a spray tan- that way as the spray tan starts to shed itself, you'll have a bit of a glow starting to appear underneath.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spray tan

Don't worry you will blend in with all the AUSTRALIANS in Hawaii right now especially with the $$$$$$$$$.

Enjoy.........

Sydney
Level Contributor
499 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spray tan

ahhh rangerjohn, speak for yourself... my summerglow moisturiser should be doing its job by now so no startling the locals from this tourist when I finally get out of jeans and long pants come TUESDAY!!!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spray tan

Danni I'd recommend getting one at home the day before you leave. The ones I've had you have to wait 10-12 hours before you can shower, and it's a rather sticky, odd looking wait. I think it'd be a pain to mess with on vacation.

SydneyNicstar I'm jealous the gradual lotions work for you. I'm allergic to something in them and practically tried to scratch off my skin when I tried them.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spray tan

my wife looked all over Waikiki and Maui for one and couldn't find one.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,342 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spray tan

I just googled it and come up with quite a few links, here's the first one!!

www.sunsplashtans.com/

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,806 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spray tan

Do the spray tan before you leave home. Don't want to waste a precious day of your Hawaiian vacation getting that done.

Ulladulla, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spray tan

Thanks guys. I was thinking I'd get it done as late as possible on our first day there so that the 10 hours before showering would be while I was asleep. I had a spray tan in Vegas a few years ago and it wasn't anywhere near as good as the ones we get in Australia for some reason so maybe I should just get it here where I know what to expect. I have done the moisturiser ones before and I really really like the result but I find that they are smelly.

Sydney
Level Contributor
499 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spray tan

ahhh thats a shame the moisturiser ones don't work for others. I find them to be fantastic...don't smell half as bad as the spray tans i've had before! lol

Danni, it might be best to get one before you go then just so you don't wake up after that first spray tan and be disappointed. Hawaii and disappointment do not go together!

Honolulu, Hawaii
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Spray tan

I use Touch of Sun Hawaii. It's super convienent because they come to your hotel room.