We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best airfare to Honolulu from Sydney Australia?

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Best airfare to Honolulu from Sydney Australia?

Where do you look for best airfare deals from Sydney to Honolulu?

There are often great deals from mainland US, but hard to get a break from Sydney! Want to take my family of 4 for a much-needed break (of the fun kind, not the surf kind!)

Thanks guys! :)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
186 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best airfare to Honolulu from Sydney Australia?

Relentless searching everyday, sometimes several times a day on the Jetstar, Hawaiian airlines and air pacific websites. Also sign up at these sites to receive email alerts of sales. There are plenty of oppotunities during the year to pick up bargains. My last 2 trips have both been around $ 2500 return for a family of 4.

Edited: 11 August 2011, 07:31
SYDNEY AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
406 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best airfare to Honolulu from Sydney Australia?

As Terry said just keep checking the sites. We got $740 flights for December flying Hawaiin.

Jetstar had a sale and Hawaiin beat their price.

You can sign up to Jetstar and receive their emails about sales. I am signed up to Hawaiin but have not received info from them when Australian flights are on sale only the US.

Webjet have a sign up for alerts also you could try that, you put in where you want to fly.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
77 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best airfare to Honolulu from Sydney Australia?

Agree with Terry, you really have To be searching on a daily basis, it pretty much becomes an obsession lol. Another good website is Kayak, I receive daily email fare alerts from them, that is how I got my cheap Hawaiian airfare for November. As it has been discussed before Hawaiian airlines never email airfare specials for Australia which is annoying.

Another tip though is if you are on Facebook become a fan of Hawaiian airlines, they advertise specials on their posts, havent seen any for Australia though yet, but then again I just recently became a fan.

Level Contributor
21 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best airfare to Honolulu from Sydney Australia?

Hawaiian Airlines , I looked at every airline, i am also going to another island..they sorted, easy to deal with

Edited: 11 August 2011, 09:17
Bendigo
Level Contributor
894 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best airfare to Honolulu from Sydney Australia?

We went in May for $700 rtn with Jetstar. Have family of 6 going in September for $1000 but that is school holidays so extra. Do sign up for Jetstar, but really it is a case of regularly checking the sites and being flexible with dates which, I know, is not easy. It seems to be that when the cheap fares come out you must make the instant decision to book as they go so quickly. Good luck!!

Bendigo
Level Contributor
894 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best airfare to Honolulu from Sydney Australia?

Gosh, that sounded like I had the family of 6 for $1000 - I meant $1000 each!! Sorry if there were palpitations all round at such a bargain.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best airfare to Honolulu from Sydney Australia?

We are leaving for Honolulu tomorrow on Hawaiian airlines, bought the tickets off there website a couple of months ago for $750 each return and unlike Jetstar, Hawaiian airlines still gives you a checked luggage allowance of 2 bags per person at 32 kilos per bag!

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
868 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best airfare to Honolulu from Sydney Australia?

When I asked Hawaiin airlines about checked bags, they emailed back that there is a charge for any checked bags? Can someone confirm this please? It will decide what luggage we bring of coarse.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
45,416 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best airfare to Honolulu from Sydney Australia?

Aloha,

Roadwork, policies are different for international vs. domestic flights..........and yes, HA charges for checked bags on domestic flights. Go to their website and read the policies there--that will be the most current and correct info.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best airfare to Honolulu from Sydney Australia?

Hawaiian airlines does indeed charge for checked baggage on domestic flights. However, they don't for international services.

…hawaiianair.com/app/…syd

1st & 2nd bag free up to 70lbs (32kilos) per bag.