We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price Check Please

Seattle
Level Contributor
556 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Price Check Please

I am almost ready to book, but wanted to check with the experts here for the price:

We are departing from Seattle.

Oahu 9/1 - 9/7: Miramar at Waikiki

Kauai 9/7 - 9:13: Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation (Garden View)

Rental cars on both island

Total: $3600 for 2 adults and 1 kid

Is this a decent deal?

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Price Check Please

Did you book the Mirimar as a package? Bluehawaii.com has a partial ocean view room with car rental included for about 700.00. I tend to book things separately, I find them a little cheaper that way. Although you will find others say the opposite. Flights out of Seattle should be good. Do you have to pay for a child? Last time I checked prices they were under a thousand for two people. O.k I just checked and it's about 1500 total including a child. The hotel on Kauai is about a thousand, so by my math I just saved you 400 dollars. Check bluehawaiiresorts.com and www.flyforless.ca/discount-airfare.html. Hope this helps. Aloha Cheryl

Edited: 12 August 2011, 06:46
Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Price Check Please

Sorry just re-read your post and you have car rental for both islands. I didn't factor in Kauai car rental, so you may be right with the price. Unless your child is under 2 then you wouldn't have to pay airfare for him/her. And if you get a compact car, shouldn't cost you too much. Just seemed to me that you could do a little better, maybe not much though. :)

Portland
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Price Check Please

When I travel to Waikiki, it's usually a solo trip. My last 4 trips or so, have been usually 4 or 5 nights, and I've usually spent (on airfare & room) in the neighborhood of $1,000-$1,200.

So, yes, if you're staying 12 nights w/ 3 people, I say you did a good job.

Seattle
Level Contributor
556 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Price Check Please

The kid is 9 yrs old. We picked Miramar because of the free car rental and breakfast. Otherwise, we would've stayed at Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel with free breakfast. Anybody stayed at Miramar recently?

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Price Check Please

I have stayed there before. Its an older hotel two blocks back from the main beach road, beside the Market Place. Actually if you walk through their lobby you can take a side door into the market place. The rooms were a good size, not too small. The beds were comfortable, and the bathroom was a fair size, not over small. They have a small fridge, no microwave. We were up high, with a partial ocean view. It is partial, but you could just make out surfers.

The rooms were exactly what you pay for, clean, but a little shabby. I didn't mind staying there at all. We weren't in the rooms much, and it had everything we needed to be comfortable, and within easy reach of everything. Pool area was small, but it did the job on a hot day. Plenty of loungers, and an outside bar, which was never open when we were there, don't know about now.

Also, Sammy's restaurant in the hotel served a very good breakfast. We thought it was going to be continental, not so. It had the works, so that was a pleasant surprise. Just know, that if you have any complaints about the restaurant, they shouldn't be directed to the hotel, as they don't own it.

6. Re: Price Check Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 16:17