We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American & chinese buffet lunches

St Ives, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
American & chinese buffet lunches

Hi does anyone know anywhere in waikiki or nearby that does buffet lunch but not seafood as my husband cant eat it!

Now that smorgy has gone i dont know of anywhere else.

Can you help?

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
622 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: American & chinese buffet lunches

Hi, try the Shore Bird Restaurant and Beach Bar which is in the Outrigger Reef on the Beach on Kalia Road. They have buffet lunch costing around $13.

Best wishes.

John.

Lagrangeville, NY
Level Contributor
2,843 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: American & chinese buffet lunches

Duke's has a lunch buffet. Duke's is at Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,965 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: American & chinese buffet lunches

The Oceanarium, Todai (yes Todai does say "seafood buffet", but they have plenty of non-seafood items), Makino Chaya and the Willows.

St Ives, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: American & chinese buffet lunches

Hi Thanks guys not too sure where the willows, Todai, or makino chaya are but i will look them up. thanks for your help. weve been to shorebird in the evening we didnt know they did a lunch buffet too. Thanks

Northern California...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: American & chinese buffet lunches

Makino Chaya is in the Aloha Tower market place. They have a lot of seafood dishes - it may not be the best value for your money.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,443 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: American & chinese buffet lunches

The Makino folks have two buffets available in/near Waikiki....

The operate the "Makitti Hawaii" buffet which is in the old Smorgy's location on Kuhio Avenue based on the "Hello Kitty" Japanese cartoon character.

By all accounts from my friends and co-workers, it is crowded, over-priced, not very good and not a good value.

See:

www.yelp.com/biz/makittii-hawaii-honolulu

They also just opened a buffet in the old Hard Rock Cafe at the corner of Kalakaua Ave and Kapiolani Blvd., just across the bridge from Waikiki.

I can't remember the name at the moment.

I have only heard from "friends of friends", who weren't that impressed.

I would recomend the one in the Hawaii Prince Hotel (at the Ala Moana end of Waikiki). Although it is considered an "Asian Buffet" , it has plenty of western and non-fish items.

Good value, great food.

And, it is one of the top rated Honolulu buffets on Yelp.

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Best+Buffet&find_loc=Honolulu%2C+HI

Edited: 23 August 2011, 18:12
St Ives, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: American & chinese buffet lunches

Hi thanks guys i didnt know about the hawaii prince buffet lunch sounds good we will definately try there Amberloo Thanks Ive also heard about a lunch buffet thats near the dole plantation somewhere anyone heard of it at all ?

St Ives, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: American & chinese buffet lunches

Hi guys just found out its called the country inn buffet at the Helemano Plantation near Dole anyone know what its like if we are up that way ??

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,965 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: American & chinese buffet lunches

I don't think it is what you are looking for.

http://helemano.org/tour.shtml

10. Re: American & chinese buffet lunches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 03:17