We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has it been raining these past few days?

vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
279 reviews
Save Topic
Has it been raining these past few days?

Just wondering if anyone is in HNL right now and can share with me what the weather has been like. When i checked HNL weather, it showed showers for the next 4 days or so.

Has it been raining hard or just intermittent showers lately? anyone in Honolulu now?

Many thanks.....mahalo....aloha

Mentioned in this post
Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,896 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Has it been raining these past few days?

Aloha,

Some night and early morning misting on the mountains.

Waikiki has been dry and really nice trades to keep it cool.

Should be good to go for a while.

Aloha

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has it been raining these past few days?

jet....thanks so much for the info...i really appreciate you taking the time out to keep me updated on the weather.

mahalo and aloha....one more sleep until we arrive in paradise.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has it been raining these past few days?

Don't fret about the weather. It almost always rains every single day somewhere on the island. The daily showers keep things cooler and green. Unless you have a major storm moving through the islands, you will have daily mauka showers that only occassionally make it to the beaches of Waikiki. The windward side has a bit more but this time of year is usually great over there, as well.

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
50,201 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has it been raining these past few days?

It's been dry as a bone for the last couple of days. Not a drop in Waikiki. Going to the north shore today, looks pretty dry up there too. There is a tropical depression way out in the east Pacific. It's supposed to fizzle out but we may get some rain from it but not until late Saturday afternoon.

For the best weather report use this site. Just remember any report more than 2 days out is suspect!! www.hawaiiweathertoday.com

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has it been raining these past few days?

thanks everyone for the ever so helpful tips on weather...with great appreciation.

24 more hours until i am in paradise.....yahooooooooooooooo....

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
46,083 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has it been raining these past few days?

This is what you need:

http://www.hawaiiweathertoday.com/oahu.php

Stay away from the Weather Channel.

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,110 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has it been raining these past few days?

So far in August there has been a total rainfall accumulation of "trace" and the average High and Low have been 88 and 75 F.

8. Re: Has it been raining these past few days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 15:18