We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

camera advice

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
camera advice

I'm thinking of purchasing a waterproof digital camera. Just a simple idiot proof point and shoot type. Any ideas?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: camera advice

I just picked up the Lumix TS3 yesterday. Couldn't decide between this one or the Cannon, the Lumix works in water as deep as 40' where Cannon is only 30' (not that I plan on diving). It's the GPS and the ability to take 3D photo's that won me over. It has really good reviews too.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
116 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: camera advice

I have an Olympus Stylus Tough - 8010 that I bought for snorkeling last year. I've taken it on 3 trips and it is such a great camera that I usually don't even take my digital SLR anymore. 14 megapixals and waterproof to 10 meters makes it a great thing. I've attached a link to the product. I love mine. I'll see if I can post a pic I took with it last month in the Caribbean after I get out of my next meeting.

olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp…

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: camera advice

Hello! I just purchased the Kodak EasyShare Sport C123 12 MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 2.4-Inch LCD - Blue (New Model) from Amazon yesterday. I bought it for $62.00 but it's gone up to $63.33. Check out the reviews. Happy shopping!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: camera advice

wow thanks for the rapid replies!! Time to do some shopping,

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: camera advice

flip, bought the lumix by panasonic as well. Takes great pics and easy to use. I love that you can take close up pictures without adjusting anything.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: camera advice

Costco has a great underwater camera by Fuji. We used it all week and came home with gorgeous photos (and video!). It's priced around $200.

New York
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: camera advice

Canon Powershot D10

Only negative is that its a little bulky, but if you are looking for underwater snorkel photos, I believe this one has received most recommendations!

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
18,123 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: camera advice

Fuji Finepix XP10. Nice, easy to use, small digital for around $150. Great underwater pictures as well as above the sea.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: camera advice

thankyou so much for all the replies, gives me something to go on

Minnesota
Level Contributor
61 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: camera advice

Good question Victoria!

But for those of you who already have the underwater cameras, I have a question…. do your pictures come out good when take them with the underwater camera for every day use? We are currently borrowing someone’s Pentax Optio W80 camera and the everyday pictures haven’t been coming out as good as my regular Sony camera does. I haven’t tried it underwater yet. I have been debating on the Fuji camera a Costco. (Which a friend recommends but she had an older model) So I have been on the fence about this purchase. Glad you asked the question!

Thanks, Melissa