We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Friend Getting Married

Indiana
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best Friend Getting Married

My very dear friend has recently gotten back in contact with high school sweetheart and they are getting married in Hawaii in middle of October. She and her fiancée are both divorced and have grown kids. I want to do something nice for them and thought I could maybe surprise them with a meal, massage, flowers in room, something. Any ideas? It will just be those two on the trip. They will be there for ten days. Would love some ideas. Thanks!

LA
Level Contributor
10,044 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Friend Getting Married

Where in Hawaii? Which island?

Rather hard to make a recommendation without knowing where they will be staying.

Indiana
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Friend Getting Married

Sorry...Hilton Hawaiian Village.....

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,230 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Friend Getting Married

Sure, any of your ideas would work. Buying a gift certificate for a restaurant, spa, whatever, for example:

http://serenityspahawaii.com/ Serenity Spa at Outriffer Reef

http://kaimana.com/dining.htm Hau Tree Lanai restaurant at New Otani

I'm sure the front desk could arrange flowers in the room or a bottle of wine. Or how about a catamaran sunset cruise?

suze

Oahu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
89 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Friend Getting Married

Get them a gift certificate to Hy's Steakhouse- on the other end of Waikiki from HHV. It's a high end restaurant with warm romantic old world charm, but dress is casual dining. The food & service is superb, especially steaks, lamb chops & prime rib.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,070 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Friend Getting Married

Dinner at the Hau Tree Lanai.

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,230 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Friend Getting Married

Hy's is a very fine steak house but it's 'just' a restaurant imho. It's in an ordinary setting right off the sidewalk like could be an office building when you enter. For a special dinner, that why I suggested someplace on the beach with a view of the ocean. Hau Tree Lanai is a beautiful, elegent, restaurant servigin with tables right on the sand down past the quiet end of Waikiki (but not too far). For something more lively you could go with Duke's or others along the central stretch of Waikiki Beach.

suze

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
24,795 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Friend Getting Married

Aloha,

Maybe a sunset dinner cruise.

Some people like the food, some dont.

But what a view!

Aloha

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Friend Getting Married

For a nice dinner I would choose Michel's/LaMer, Orchids, or the Hau Tree Lanai-all have great view in addition of fine food and service. The sunset views from these places can be memorable.

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Friend Getting Married

Dinners come and go, but a special event can create a memory. A sunset sail or a chance to go skydiving (if they are the adventuresome type) would create a memory.

10. Re: Best Friend Getting Married

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 01:19