We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawaiin Airlines

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hawaiin Airlines

My friend and I are in our 60's and inexperienced travellers. We are planning a trip to Las Vegas with a stopover in Honolulu for three nights. Hawaiian Airlines have this direct route and I was wondering has anybody travelled this route and what experience they had with this airline

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hawaiin Airlines

I just got back from Vegas and flew Hawaiian there from Oahu. We had a wonderful flight. It was on time, no issues. We did sit in first class so I'm sure that made a difference. Flying back we returned via Portland OR so it was a bit different.

I have nothing but good things to say about Hawaiian.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
45,522 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hawaiin Airlines

Aloha,

Hawaiian Airlines is the biggest regional carrier here, and has been for many years. A few years back, they expanded to the mainland US and international destinations as well. They are very solid, reliable, and good.

I understand they have a codeshare agreement now with Virgin Australia which should make booking with them from AUS even easier.

Try to spend more than three days on Oahu--you would enjoy it! Plenty to see and do.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
73 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hawaiin Airlines

I agree, nothing but good things to say about Hawaiian. Left on time, great service. Also flew business (aka premium first) from Sydney and could not fault anything. Check their website for fares daily as they fluctuate. You'll get yourself a substantially cheaper fare than booking through a travel agent.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hawaiin Airlines

they are rated number one on time and the US carrier with free meal service. They only fly wide bodies to the Mainland, most the other west coast flights are center isle 757s

Kailua, Hawaii
Level Contributor
697 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hawaiin Airlines

I have only good things to say about Hawaiian Airlines. Been flying them for about fifty years.

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
3,510 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hawaiin Airlines

in '08, we flew to Oahu, had a 1 night stay in Honolulu to refresh, then flew Hawaiian Air to San Francisco. Stayed 2 nights and then hired an SUV and about a week later ended up in Las Vegas for 4 nights. Went to the Grand Canyon for an overnighter and then back to Las Vegas. Flew out at 1.30am with Hawaiian Air back to Oahu, for another 5 day stay in Honolulu. Comfortable & nice meals both ways.

Always a pleasant airline to travel with (also did Syd/Hnl ret in '05 with them), even on our usual island hops to Maui. If it was me, I'd spend more time in Hawaii than what you've planned. I just can't seem to fly over Hawaii without stopping.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hawaiin Airlines

I think you have your answer!

nwf
NSW Australia
Level Contributor
910 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hawaiin Airlines

Hi There,

Simply the Best,

NWF

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hawaiin Airlines

Can't thank you all enough for your comments, they have been very helpful.

Have just booked my fights with Hawaiin.

Thanks again.

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hawaiin Airlines

Way to go. Now you are booked and ready to have fun!