We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

outrigger shore or ilikai

connecticut
Level Contributor
126 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
outrigger shore or ilikai

I would like to know which of these hotels would be the better choice for 3 adults and 2 young children ages 7 and 8. I am considering the Outrigger shore condos and the ilikai suites. I will be reserving a 2 bedroom 2 bath and want the most space we can get with a nice pool ( I have heard that the ilikai is not the best for a pool and they are not kid friendly.

California
Level Contributor
573 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: outrigger shore or ilikai

The Waikiki Shore does not have a pool. Since I am assuming you are considering booking one of the condos managed by Outrigger, then yes you can walk next door and use the pool at the Outrigger Reef.

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: outrigger shore or ilikai

I like the location of the Waikiki Shore better it is on the beach and right next door to Ft DeRussy Park which would be nice for your kids and yes if you book thru Outrigger you get to use the pool next door at the Reef.

Edited: 26 October 2011, 02:58
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: outrigger shore or ilikai

yeppers..book the Shore through the Outrigger site. It's an older condo which means a little more room. (hotel rooms tend to be smaller than condos) You won't regret the pool priviledges (sp?) at the Reef next door and the beach is nicer too. We booked the Shore for the very first time this past September and YOWZA how nice to have a full kitchen , sunset view, and the pool at the Reef on the Beach. Oh and ensuite laundry would be a plus for you and your munchkins at the Shore

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
21,351 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: outrigger shore or ilikai

I've never seen larger hotel rooms than those at the Ilikai. HUGE (500 sq ft.) with huge lanai too. The building has three entities:Privately owned condos (some occupied by their owners and some VRBO rentals); , a timeshare operation; the hotel itself. I think the timeshare is Shell Vacations and Aqua manages the hotel portion.

We found it quiet, especially rooms facing the marina/ocean, but you're a bit of a walk (or bus ride) into the middle of Waikiki.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: outrigger shore or ilikai

The studios are around 360 sq feet, the one br units around 740 sq feet and the 2 br units are over 1100 sq feet at the Outrigger Shore.

The lanais are very spacious as well.

Edited: 26 October 2011, 18:30
Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,523 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: outrigger shore or ilikai

Aloha,

If you want to be close to the heart of Waikiki, then the Shores would be a good choice.

Have a great time,

Aloha

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
410 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: outrigger shore or ilikai

We have jsut returned from Honolulu & we hired a prevately owned condo at the Illikai & we loved it there. The condo was spacious & had a large lania. Our room overlooked the hotel pool & the Hilton lagoon. Oh howI wish I was back there now!!!

8. Re: outrigger shore or ilikai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 13:18