We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Hotel Location to Polynesian Cultural Ctr & Pearl

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
936 posts
Save Topic
Advice on Hotel Location to Polynesian Cultural Ctr & Pearl

We are going to Maui next October and have decided to take a couple of days in Honolulu to see Pearl Harbor and the Polnesian Cultural Centre. I have three questions?

Is there only one airline that goes from Maui to Honolulu or are there other options between the two?

How far apart are the Polynesian Cultural Centre and Pearl Harbor?

I need some names of hotels that would work for both places. It doesn't have to be on wakiki as our purpose is too see the above two things.

I am wondering if it would be better to book tours to the above and then transportation wouldn't be a problem unless we can get close enough for a cab or bus.

Is a day long enough to see the Polynesian Cultural Centre? What would be the best package. Should a person take a package that includes everything or are there things that a person could miss?

We go to Maui every year as we like the quietness versus busy but would really like to take this side trip.

I would like any advice that I can get.

Mahalo

Alberta Travelbug

Thanks.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,540 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on Hotel Location to Polynesian Cultural Ctr & Pearl

Stay in Waikiki, Alberta, it would be central to Pearl Harbor and the Polynesian Cultural Center. They are approx. an hour's drive apart. Pearl Harbor is west, near the airport and the PCC is over the mountains on the Pali on the other side of the island.

Check out Go! and Island Air (not sure if they have flights, but check) for your other airlines. Of course, Hawaiian is the one I would choose.

I've only been to the PCC once, about 10 years ago and enjoyed every minute of it. The luau isn't all that, you may want to try the other alternatives.

If it were me, I'd just rent a car for a day or two. There are tours that go to the PCC and Pearl Harbor though.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on Hotel Location to Polynesian Cultural Ctr & Pearl

Here's a day long tour that includes Pearl Harbor & PCC:

enoa.com/oahu-sightseeing-tours/uss-arizona-…

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,287 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on Hotel Location to Polynesian Cultural Ctr & Pearl

Have you never visited Oahu before? I'm wondering if you don't want to put some other things on your list of things to do and see. I'd rent a car. If you'll only be Oahu a short time, you don't want to wait for a bus or be dragged around on a tour. (Well, *I* don't. LOL)

To me, Pearl is incomplete without a visit to Punchbowl. The Iolani Palace is a unique must in Hawaii. Bishop Museum is excellent -- and not at all 'stuffy'. Get out of the city and drive Oahu's beautiful east and north shores. I liked the PCC (years ago), but Maui's my choice for beaches and a luau.

4. Re: Advice on Hotel Location to Polynesian Cultural Ctr & Pearl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2012, 10:22