We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waikiki hotel / pool

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Waikiki hotel / pool

Suggestions please for a Waikiki hotel with a good pool. I know it's Honolulu and we should be going to the beach but we are pool people. We want to be in a central location. I have considered the Sheraton which seems to have the best pool choices - but there are lots of negative reviews about the rooms. Thanks.

Boston
Level Contributor
272 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waikiki hotel / pool

I stayed at the Sheraton and thought it was great! The room was one of the nicest I've stayed in as far as a standard room. LOVED the pool, particularly the adult pool! There are bean bags that you can lounge on in the water. We had a fabulous stay there. Would highly recommend it.

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
869 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waikiki hotel / pool

Try trump

London, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waikiki hotel / pool

Thanks for that. It's reassuring. Some reviewers say the rooms are small and disappointing. A few say they're dirty. I was a little worried.

London, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waikiki hotel / pool

I know the Trump is the number 1 rated - but the pool looks tiny?

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
869 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waikiki hotel / pool

I said trump cause obviously you dont care where you go.

If you want tropical where the emphiasis on pools then Hawaii isnt the place.

Try another country all together.

Someplace where it is more resortish, it would better suit what you want.

You know like mexico, carribean, bahamas, turks and caicos.

They cater more to the POOL people

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,926 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waikiki hotel / pool

You don't mention budget.

The Halekulani is the top hotel on Oahu, not just Waikiki, and their pool is great. My next choice would be the Royal Hawaiian.

The Sheraton isn't a very good hotel, not a very Hawaiian feeling hotel and it is big and busy. A big negative for me would be is that the rooms don't have any dressers or drawers for clothing. You unpack and put your clothes on shelves. I find that bizarre.

The pool at the Trump is tiny and badly placed.

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,393 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Waikiki hotel / pool

Waikiki Sand Villa has the really nice pool, but it's a budget hotel. You can see pool photos on my review of it here on TA. The hotel is overlooking the canal, near the Food Pantry on Kuhio.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Waikiki hotel / pool

I agree with sott re: the Sheraton. We stayed there only once, never again. Another "feature" I found un nerving was the shutters in the bathroom that opened to the room..huh?? The pool was always very busy too.Not much ambience unless you enjoy watching the servers run their butts off for rude patrons.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,045 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Waikiki hotel / pool

I sooooooo disagree with frozen's assessment. Hawaii has it's beaches but that isn't the be all and end all of her amazing attributes. I know quite a few people who have enjoyed Hawaii very much and never stepped a toe into the ocean. Different strokes for different folks.

That said, pools aren't a biggy!! Most aren't heated due to large electricity costs.

If you go to the Big Island of Hawaii or Maui you will find a couple of resorts that have great pools!!

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
45,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Waikiki hotel / pool

Aloha,

I agree with Scott. Halekulani is like a private oasis, in so many ways....if budget permits, it would be the top choice for me by miles!!