We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pearl Harbour on a Saturday?

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,908 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Pearl Harbour on a Saturday?

Is it reasonable to go to Pearl Harbour on a Saturday? Or a bad idea because of the crowds?

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
16,312 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pearl Harbour on a Saturday?

I had heard it was one of the toughest days of the week. We went on a Saturday morning in August and got there as early as possible. Absolutely no problem at all! The key is to get there before the tour buses do.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,933 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pearl Harbour on a Saturday?

I don't see why it would be very busy on a weekend. Most visitors go during the week. Usually because they are either arriving or leaving during the weekend!!

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
48,083 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pearl Harbour on a Saturday?

Aloha,

I guess you could have more people who are planning a visit to Pearl and the Swap Meet on a weekend day, but unless it's a major holiday I doubt it will be that different.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pearl Harbour on a Saturday?

keeping in mind that Saturday is boat day with the arrival (7 am) and departure (8 pm) of the Pride of America, Hawaii's cruise around the islands.

Tours for passengers disembarking the boat usually takes place on Saturday, therefore, get their by 7 am to stand in line for the first shuttle to the memorial will avoid all traffic and the crowds.

SYDNEY AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
406 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pearl Harbour on a Saturday?

We were there last Thursday and it was bad.

Got there at 8am and got tickets to the 1200 shuttle as all other times had been taken by the tour groups, SO UNFAIR.

Decided to go to shops at Pearlridge instead so asked for 2pm tickets, when we got back at 1pm they were still giving out tickets but they were for the 1.45 shuttle.

It should not be allowed to give the tour groups all the tickets, I liked how it used to be when we were there before and you all lined up and got your tickets to the next available and tour groups couldn't take tickets when they weren't even there at the time.

6. Re: Pearl Harbour on a Saturday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2012, 10:20