We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants open on Christmas?

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,937 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants open on Christmas?

We are having trouble finding restaurants open on Christmas day for dinner, not surprisingly. Besides hotel restaurants, can anyone recommend a place that might be open then? Or, if it is a hotel restaurant, can you give me some suggestions that are better than typical hotel fare? Casual or fancy are both fine, and it doesn't need to have a special Christmas menu...just good food. A few possibilities would be great because finding reservations at this point has been so difficult. Thank you!

Mililani, Hawaii
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants open on Christmas?

Honolulu Magazine online just released this article.

honolulumagazine.com/Honolulu-Magazine/…

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
303 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants open on Christmas?

Probably alot of it is repetition from the link above but here is another good source:

govisithawaii.com/2011/…

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,683 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants open on Christmas?

Here is the opentable list.

www.opentable.com/promo.aspx?pid=6&m=34

Not sure if the Chinese restaurants are generally open on Christmas in Hawaii, but they are in LA and a lot of my Jewish friends in LA had a running joke about family traditions of Chinese meals on Christmas Day.

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,937 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants open on Christmas?

You are all awesome! Thanks for the great suggestions.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants open on Christmas?

Today is Friday ..... go on line with the Star-Advertiser, look for TGIF magazine, then click and view the restaurant guide and it's many offer.

I can offer many recommendation, but, won't. Go look and if you get stuck, I will offer my choice. I am having my xmas at Chai's Island Bistro, only, because, I bought xmas gift certificate and for every $100.00 spented, you get $20 free.

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,937 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants open on Christmas?

Islekane,

"I can offer many recommendation, but, won't."

I appreciate your suggestion for the Star-Advertiser! I will check it out this morning. But I would love your personal recommendations, if you don't mind. It's great to get tips from locals. If you don't want to post them here, feel free to PM me with some of your favorite spots, casual or fancy. We need to eat out for all 6 nights of our trip. Thanks!

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
979 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants open on Christmas?

We had our 40th anniversary dinner at Chai's. it was delicious with the entertainment an added bonus. I went on their website and printed out a $25 coupon. So, if you do look at Chai's, see if you can snag a coupon.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
18,676 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants open on Christmas?

Lulu's was open last Christmas. We love it's casual feel - and their breakfasts.

9. Re: Restaurants open on Christmas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2012, 10:15