We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Hawaiian Village

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
12 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Hawaiian Village

We are staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village with our ten year old son. We have heard about some of the different towers and we were wondering if there is one that is better to stay in with children. Thank you.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,896 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Hawaiian Village

Not so much for children, but for the adults the Ali'i Tower is the best in my estimate because it is like a hotel within a hotel. They have their own check-in, a private pool and workout room. After that the Rainbow tower is considered to be the best because of its location.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Hawaiian Village

I stayed in a corner room in the RAinbow Tower a few years ago and enjoyed it. As scott mentioned...good location.

California
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Hawaiian Village

I've stayed in Ali'i, Tapa, and Kalia. But if I had a 10-year-old, I might want to pick a tower closer to the Paradise Pool. It's kid heaven, with waterslides and waterfalls, and exotic landscaping. (If you do a Google Image search you'll see what I mean.)

My first choice would probably be the Rainbow tower because it's close to Paradise Pool but also has great views and great reviews. Lagoon Tower is even closer, but I haven't heard any reviews of it and doubt it's as well-regarded as Rainbow.

Of course, you can access the Paradise Pool no matter what tower you stay in. But if I had a little one, I'd want to make that pool "home base."

cleveland
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Hawaiian Village

I would definitely stay in the lagoon tower. There are about 5 pools throughout the resort, but the lagoon towers has they're own with water slides and other activities that are feared for children and families as well as being close to the property's lagoon where more water activities are located!

Centerport, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Hawaiian Village

Has anyone been here recently? We're traveling in March 2012 with two 16-year old girls. What's the best room location to have a great view and good access to everything? Also, I heard there were renovations going on...are they done?

California
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton Hawaiian Village

This is a very old thread, so you might want to start a new one so people don't just pass it by.

Also, there was a thread in here not long ago that included dates of the renovations, but I can't remember what it said.

Re towers: Best views are probably in Rainbow Tower, though most buildings there have ocean-view rooms with great views.

Re "access to everything": Well, any tower there will give you good access to on-property shops, pools, dining, and entertainment. But some towers *feel* a lot farther from central Waikiki than others.

If I had teenagers with me, I would seriously consider an ocean-view room in Kalia Tower. It's farthest from the ocean, but that makes it a little easier to walk to Lewers Street, Beachwalk, Kalakaua shops, etc. Plus it has its own rooftop pool and hot tub near the spa which is a nice, quiet retreat when you want to get away from crowds.

When I stayed in Kalia, our ocean views were like this (…tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/14/92/7d/v…) just much better because we were much higher up.

However, if you want to be closest to the ocean, pick Rainbow or Ali'i.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,896 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton Hawaiian Village

Nothing has changed since last December, Ali'i Tower first, Rainbow Tower second. I'd also consider the Lagoon Tower for a condo.

The renovations, if they are still ongoing, shouldn't affect you.

8. Re: Hilton Hawaiian Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2013, 10:15