We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tiki's Grill & Bar for New Years without a reservation

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Topic
Tiki's Grill & Bar for New Years without a reservation

Hi guys, we are planning to go to Tiki's on New Years eve, but I have just called them and they do not have any reservations for the restaurant. They said that we could eat in the bar, but I am concerned about the waiting time. Does anyone have any insight as to how long it is likely to take to get a table in the bar around 8-9pm (and whether there will be a line to get in). Thank you in advance for your help. Tom

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tiki's Grill & Bar for New Years without a reservation

I don't know how any body here could answer your question-you need to call the restaurant.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,519 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tiki's Grill & Bar for New Years without a reservation

I like Tiki's.

But I would absolutely not go to any lounge/bar on New Year's Eve without reservations unless I knew the history of the place on New Year's Eve in advance.

So forget Tiki's & try to find a place you can make reservations for.

Or get to Tiki's very early (6pm?, maybe earlier? & have someone stay at the table until midnight.

Oakland, CA
Level Contributor
275 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tiki's Grill & Bar for New Years without a reservation

I'm not even sure Tiki's could tell you with any certainty. If it were me, I'd make sure to have a hefty late-afternoon snack so as not to get too hungry, and then just enjoy my drinks and wait. Or see if you can get a reservation elsewhere. We enjoyed Tiki's, but I wouldn't wait hours for a late (and noisy) meal there.

UK
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tiki's Grill & Bar for New Years without a reservation

Thanks guys, I have found out that the Hula bar/grill and Dukes are also serving food in the bar without reservations, so I am going to keep those as a back up and take my chances. Have a great new year everyone

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,685 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tiki's Grill & Bar for New Years without a reservation

Tiki's is an OK bar with a nice view but it's nothing special (imho). I'd definitely go with Hula or Dukes instead, even if you could get in. Just go to Tiki's for drinks or a burger some afternoon or at sunset sometime.

UK
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tiki's Grill & Bar for New Years without a reservation

Great, thanks. Have you got any experience with how busy Dukes and Hula's get on new years and whether you could get a bar table without a reservation?

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,433 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tiki's Grill & Bar for New Years without a reservation

Dukes and Hula Grill are incredibly busy on any afternoon.

On Sunday afternoons they have live music and you basically can not get a table in the bar unless you go hours before the music starts.

I'm going to guess on New Years Eve you won't be able to get a table if you had a gun. I'm sure it will be totally jam packed and probably a great party !!

8. Re: Tiki's Grill & Bar for New Years without a reservation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2013, 10:18