We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jetstar Sydney to Honolulu

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Banff, Alberta
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Jetstar Sydney to Honolulu

Thinking of flying from Sdney to Honolulu in Mar 2012 but have no idea how much is a good price to pay for a one way ticket. Have looked and Jetstar is a lot cheaper ($400) than Hawaiian (800) but I wonder if Hawaiian will have a sale on this route.

Has anybody flown this route recently and could tell me how much they paid, would be great.

Thanks,

Natasha

Brisbane
Level Contributor
273 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jetstar Sydney to Honolulu

$350 one way is about the best you will do with Jetstar or Hawaiian.

Banff, Alberta
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Jetstar Sydney to Honolulu

Thanks very much for your reply. Its good to have a figure in mind.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jetstar Sydney to Honolulu

go with the 800 wait around for cheaper you may miss ou,t not worth it,and its happened to me,Im looking at that jetstar price for march also

SYDNEY AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
406 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jetstar Sydney to Honolulu

Check the Hawaiin site daily, usually if Jetstar have a sale Hawaiin has been matching and beating it.

We flew Hawaiin in December for $740 return, they were matching a Jetstar sale, but in the end Hawaiin prices were even cheaper.

BE CAREFULL and Allow for the extra costs on Jetstar, food, blanket, seat allocation, LUGGAGE, make sure you are comparing final prices for both.

Have flown Jetstar twice and Hawaiin once, will always now try to get Hawaiin over Jetstar as there is no comparrision on service and inclusions.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jetstar Sydney to Honolulu

I just booked flights for the 14th march,booked 2 checked bags over 3 checked bag back,,$35 each way a bag

Newcastle Au
Level Contributor
101 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jetstar Sydney to Honolulu

I don't think that HA offers any good deals/prices on one-way fares.

On several occasions that I have looked, it is only when you book a return fare that you get the discounted/cheaper fares.

Even when HA is not on sale, each leg is cheaper if booked as a return flight, rather than a one-way fare. (I hope that makes sense!)

I would think that you may have to look at flying Jetstar or another carrier, if you are after a cheap one-way fare. But as stated above, beware of the add-ons that low cost carriers generally make their $'s on.

Sydney
Level Contributor
66 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jetstar Sydney to Honolulu

Hello cubadreaming4 ... before anything else ... you may want to book your flights ASAP coz the promo period could be finishing 17 Jan (for both Hawaiian Air and Jetstar). I heard Jetstar announcement late last week, and must have read the promo period on Hawaiian Air website.

I was also going to wait for the best deal ... having spoken with a travel agency friend, she recommended the Jetstar deal is great! N.B. I'm also travelling in March with others.

I was able to book an economy/business for $1400 for one person but the second fare was $2000 (but when you average the cost between two, it works out reasonable considering there are business class on the return). If you decide to go full economy, the best deal is $800 (plus don't forget the meals, entertainment/blanket/pillow, got window seats, and luggage!)

As this was my first time to fly Jet star internationally, I used their call centre which again was $40 more for each way, but at least I know I haven't forgotten anything.

I've also booked Hawaiian Air for an inter-island trip to Maui. I organised flight/accommodation/car combo for a really good deal! FYI Flights to Maui was $74 (plus tax) one way.

Cheers!

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
3,629 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jetstar Sydney to Honolulu

Cuba, you're really leaving the run to the last minute. We're travelling with a group in late March and I've been scanning the flights for the last year. We snared some flights for our friends for about $450 each way, but expected to pay around $1000 return, as we need to vacation around Easter and it's never discounted well (eg #399 up to 26th, we fly 29th, grrr).

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Jetstar Sydney to Honolulu

IMHO, Having flown Jetstar and Hawaiian Airlines from Sydney (been 2.5 years) I would pay slightly more for Hawaiian.

10. Re: Jetstar Sydney to Honolulu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2013, 10:26