We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bags stored on day of departure

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
British Columbia...
Level Contributor
603 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Bags stored on day of departure

Our flight doesn't leave until late at night and I am wondering if it is still the norm for hotels to let you leave your bags there. I did a search here and they said that most hotels let you leave it there but I see that was in 2007 and just wondering if things have changed at all. I did email a hotel and never heard back from them, and their answer will determine if I book there.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,912 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bags stored on day of departure

Since most flights going further than the west coast are later in the evening I would assume most hotels will hold your luggage. To make sure just start calling round and asking. I personally wouldn't book my hotel on that criteria, but then, I'm not the one with the luggage!!

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
603 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bags stored on day of departure

It isn't my only criteria but if one hotel won't and another would that will make a difference to me.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
166 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bags stored on day of departure

Any hotel we have stayed at in Hawaii has kept our bags. Alot of them will also have a hospitality room where you are able to shower and change before you leave for the airport.

California
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bags stored on day of departure

I haven't had to do it in Hawaii for a few years, but more recently I have left bags with bellmen in Las Vegas (several different hotels) and Miami. In both places, the bellmen acted as though it was a routine practice. They just gave us a ticket when we dropped our bags off then promptly fetched them when we were ready. (They will be expecting a tip!).

(These are 4ish star hotels I'm talking about. I don't know if this level of service is standard at budget places.)

The last time I remember dealing w/bellmen in Hawaii it was years ago at Hilton Hawaiian Village. As I recall, their bell desk was a large, well-oiled machine.

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bags stored on day of departure

The only hotel where they refused to hold our luggage was at the Hyatt at the Orlando Airport. The hotel is right in the airport and they claimed that the TSA won't allow storage of luggage at their property.

I've had success at all hotels in Hawaii so far.

My only concern is what to do with computers, etc.

In cases where I have a late flight home I often purchase the additional night so I don't have to rush out. I can shower and change, relax, and even nap if so desired. For instance, I'm coming to Hawaii in less than two weeks and my flight home leaves LIH late at night. I booked an extra night so my friend and I can hang until 9 for an 11 pm flight.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
603 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bags stored on day of departure

Thanks that helps a lot I am taking an iPad so that can go in the purse so no need to store a computer. Now to book a room for the last day.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bags stored on day of departure

Some hotels let you pay for a late checkout, ie until 6pm .. so that could help. Just ask the hotel where you are staying.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
603 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bags stored on day of departure

I just heard back from the Pacific Beach Hotel that we can store our bags there any comment on that hotel.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
48,020 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bags stored on day of departure

Aloha,

I had some friends from the mainland who stayed there last year. They were pleased and found it clean and nice. Have fun!

Ravena, NY
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bags stored on day of departure

Outrigger Waikiki Beach will hold your bags, no charge & also provide a hospitality room for showers & change, providing availability, also at no charge!