We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseback riding?

Baltimore
Level Contributor
43 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Horseback riding?

I know it's offered at Kualoa Ranch but are there any locations that offer horseback riding? Maybe someone knows of a local place, away from the crowd? Thanks!

Texas
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Horseback riding?

Check out Gunstock Ranch. I went there last week and went on the advanced ride and had a blast.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
46,422 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horseback riding?

Kualoa Ranch is about as away from the crowd that you can get. I hear there are some rides offered through Turtle Bay, check on that. More than likely the north/north east side of the island is where any will be as that is the rural part of the island.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
43 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horseback riding?

Thanks for the suggestions!

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,630 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Horseback riding?

We did the 2 hour ride at Kualoa Ranch and there were only 6 in the group. The one hour ride seems more geared towards the bus tour crowd.

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,708 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horseback riding?

If your an experienced rider look into Koko Crater stables. They offer trail rides on their web page.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Horseback riding?

We did turtle bay, the classic nose to tail, but the guides were real nice and the scenery was great.

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
65 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Horseback riding?

Groupon.com has a special for horseback riding that I just booked at www.groupon.com/deals/koko-crater-stables-1… for 51% off! It is through Koko crater stables.

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,317 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Horseback riding?

Can't beat the ocean front horseback riding at the Turtle Bay Resort! It's a beautiful ride!

Baltimore
Level Contributor
43 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Horseback riding?

Thanks for all the suggestions! That Groupon is a great deal. I'll keep in mind Turtle Back and the 2 hour ride at the Ranch.

10. Re: Horseback riding?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2013, 09:25