We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight questions....

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, Virginia
Level Contributor
492 posts
162 reviews
Save Topic
Flight questions....

There are flights I have been looking at most the the morning from our local airport to HNL. This morning a May 14-21st flight was 642 now it is 850?? Is this just because it is the weekend and the prices are higher or do you think they have gone up now for good? Is there a key for me to get the best rate? Like should I book on a Tuesday supposedly when the prices are lower?

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
869 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight questions....

As soon as you find a price you like jump on it.

Best rates are had for mid week travel.

also check nearby airports close to home there might be a better rate that way too

Bristol, Virginia
Level Contributor
492 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight questions....

The 642 price is leaving May 28 return June 4-5th. 1 week. It has 3 planes though. Does that seem like a good or bad price?

Schaumburg, IL
Level Contributor
792 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight questions....

I have seen others post that you should clear you cookies when looking at flights or the sites you are visiting will show higher prices. I didn't see where you are flying from/through to say if that's a good price.

Schaumburg, IL
Level Contributor
792 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight questions....

I have seen others post that you should clear you cookies when looking at flights or the sites you are visiting will show higher prices. I didn't see where you are flying from/through to say if that's a good price.

Bristol, Virginia
Level Contributor
492 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight questions....

Tri Cities, TN (regional airport) to Atlanta, to San Francisco to Honolulu

Bristol, Virginia
Level Contributor
492 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight questions....

And one other question - if you book a expedia package do you have to pay upfront? I have never booked through them.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight questions....

(1) To get more accurate answers about flying and flying related questions, post on the air travel forum. (2) I'm sure that that somewhere on the Expedia website there is an answer about when you pay. Chuck...

Melbourne
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight questions....

Yes you pay up front on expedia

Williamson, West...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight questions....

You can pay in payments with a credit card to Expedia. I purchased 5 trips to Hawaii last March from Expedia and paid in 2 payments, but could have done it for more time. it has to be paid in full before your trip.

Della B

Bristol, Virginia
Level Contributor
492 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flight questions....

Thanks so much for the help! I am really torn as to book all separate or a package. The packages Ive priced for my dates are either the same or maybe save 50 dollars....

Also I am curious - can you change dates through expedia if you have to?