We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TheBus schedules

Level Contributor
71 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
TheBus schedules

Last year, when I was trying to figure out how to get to church from Waikiki, it seemed like I was able to get alternate routes from the transit website. Now, I just get one suggested route. Is there another website I'm missing?

Sask
Level Contributor
700 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TheBus schedules

I like using Google Transit. It will give you alternate routes and times.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TheBus schedules

RoyalGardener, where is the church located and what is the church name. I will check and forward you options on how to get to church. Another option for you is to go to www.TheBus.com and /or call them at (808) 848-5555 for TheBus schedule and routes.

Good luck,

Level Contributor
71 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TheBus schedules

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Honolulu Tabernacle. It's at 1500 South Beretania Street.

Thanks! It looks like a main route, but I'd be looking for Sunday morning service.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,177 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: TheBus schedules

I just tried the bus site.

2500 Kuhio Ave (I just use this as it is central Waikiki)

1500 S Beretania

It shows 3 routes, B, 13 or 2

The first choice B is highlighted in a weak shade of blue. That is the one they give directions for.

To get the 13 or 2, click on either of those boxes.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TheBus schedules

Dusty is right on the bus numbers and routes.

From Waikiki, take Bus #2 - School Street/Middle Street or #13 - Liliha Street/Puunui Avenue from Kuhio Avenue heading away from Diamond Head. Get off on the corner of Beretania Street and Kalakaua Avenue, where the bus will make a turn. Walk against traffic a few feet and the church will be on your left.

Further down the street is Central Union Church. This church built in 1924 is a grand stone structure of Colonial design.

Ask for a transfer. The transfer is good for two hours and if you are return to Waikiki, walk on Kalakaua toward Waikiki to the corner of S. King Street to catch your bus to Waikiki.

If you are going to the Ala Moana Shopping Center to shop or have lunch, use your transfer and get on Bus #5 Nuuanu/Dowsett or Bus #6 Pauoa Valley at the same spot you got off the bus from Waikiki. Hope I did not get you lost ............

Good luck.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,177 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: TheBus schedules

That church is on the list of popular destinations:

http://www.thebus.org/pop/religiou.asp?l=

http://thebus.org/SystemMap/Map-B.htm

7. Re: TheBus schedules

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2013, 10:25