We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton Waikiki or Hyatt Regency with toddlers

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
452 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Sheraton Waikiki or Hyatt Regency with toddlers

Hello Tripadvisor friends, I just needs some advice on our upcoming trip. We will be staying to Waikiki for two nights first week of Mar and then moving to Aulani for the balance of our trip. We will be travelling with our 3 year old and 6 month old so I need a good child friendly resort that is newly rennovated and with good amenitites. We would also like to be in the most central location. Which would you recommend out to the two resorts Sheraton or Hyatt Regency? I usually prefer a new and upto date resort but I realize most of the resorts on Waikiki are a little older but renovated. Thank you in advance for you help.

Coronado, California
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheraton Waikiki or Hyatt Regency with toddlers

I would recommend the Embassy Suites first, then the Hyatt Regency.

The Embassy Suites has a separate bedroom and includes breakfast in the morning.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
452 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheraton Waikiki or Hyatt Regency with toddlers

How about Sheraton or Hyatt Regency. I don't think I am too interested in Embassy suites.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
22,712 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheraton Waikiki or Hyatt Regency with toddlers

Aloha,

The Hyatt is right in the heart of Waikiki and close to the

Honolulu Zoo

http://www.honoluluzoo.org/

The Waikiki Aquarium

http://www.waquarium.org/

And the Teddy Bear World

http://www.waquarium.org/

The Hyatt has a nice Hawaiian Culture program that would be fun for all..

Your family will love Oahu,

Aloha

Tumut, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sheraton Waikiki or Hyatt Regency with toddlers

I would recomend the Sheraton, we stayed there in September with our two year old son. The location was great, we could walk everywhere and he really loved the kids pool area.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,037 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sheraton Waikiki or Hyatt Regency with toddlers

We stayed at the Hyatt with our grandchild. We loved it. Just walk out the doors of the Diamond Head Tower and cross to the beach. Hyatt has a snack shop right on the beach which is very convenient, and they lend beach chairs and towels to guests.

wizardpub.com/oahu/orhyattregencywaikiki.html

Ireland
Level Contributor
115 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sheraton Waikiki or Hyatt Regency with toddlers

The Sheraton is great for families . The pools are fantastic and it certainly can,t be beaten for location .However , the renovation on this hotel was purely cosmetic and some issues remain .I found the rooms were very clean and housekeeping do a great job but the rooms do not have a luxury feel to them. That said , if you have an oceanfront room , the views will take your breath away .There is so much to do and explore within the hotel and I think it is a great choice as long as you know what to expect from the rooms .Also , kids eat free with a paying adult , which is good and you can dine at the sister properties and bill to your room . We loved it here

Arroyo Grande...
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sheraton Waikiki or Hyatt Regency with toddlers

I would go with the Hyatt. Large, large rooms. Doctor on site. Great kids services. Wonderful beach across the street. The pool is on the 3rd floor terrace and recently renovated. Excellent location.

The kids pool at the Sheraton is very nice, but I think your kids will be a bit too young for the over-the-top slides and such. Beside, all will get plenty of pool time at Aulani.

Both are excellent hotels with excellent locations - consistently updated with great TLC. Both are key Waikiki hotels.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sheraton Waikiki or Hyatt Regency with toddlers

I agree with alias-with two kids, the Sheraton with rooms between 280-300sq.ft. may be a bit cramped. The Hyatt on the other hand, has 450 sq.ft.rooms-really luxurious. We stayed at the Hyatt when we had the 2 little ones with us, it worked out well.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,634 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sheraton Waikiki or Hyatt Regency with toddlers

Sheraton would be my choice.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,647 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sheraton Waikiki or Hyatt Regency with toddlers

Hyatt Regency. I like that their pool deck is not at ground level when you have a toddler. There is no place to escape to.

Curious why the larger rooms, separate bedroom and free breakfast of the Embassy Suites are not appealing?