We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you buy a pass to the Hilton Village pools for the day?

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
59 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Can you buy a pass to the Hilton Village pools for the day?

Looking at taking my family (with young kids) to Honolulu for a couple weeks in the summer. Thinking of renting a condo at the Ilikai which is close to the Hilton Hawaiian Village and its lagoon. The Village is unfortunately not in our budget. But I heard the pools are great there. My kids love pools and I thought it would be nice to spend one day there at the pools, if they have a special rate for people who do not stay there. Also, can anyone go into the lagoon?

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you buy a pass to the Hilton Village pools for the day?

As previously discussed here, yes, anyone can go into the lagoon. As far as non-registered guests using the pools, this, too, has been discussed here. And no, you can't. Here is what the website has to say about that:

"*Use of the pool facilities is for Hilton guests exclusively. Hours of operation are subject to change without notice." Chuck...

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,505 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you buy a pass to the Hilton Village pools for the day?

The Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon and beach areas...

Are open to the public.

And the rentals, peddle boats, floats and paddle boards, are available to non-guests.

Kailua, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you buy a pass to the Hilton Village pools for the day?

Yes you can. It costs exactly whatever the going rate is for a day's stay at the hotel. Just check in and give them your credit card number and they will accomodate you.

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you buy a pass to the Hilton Village pools for the day?

Your kids will enjoy the lagoon!

Rent a stand up paddle... loads of fun :)

Have fun!

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,317 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you buy a pass to the Hilton Village pools for the day?

Oahu does have a water park, your kids would enjoy that! If you are there so long you may want to consider staying a couple of nights at the Hilton or Sheraton so that your children will enjoy the pools and water slides. The beaches on Oahu are so fabulous! Hope you have lots of fun.

San Carlos...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you buy a pass to the Hilton Village pools for the day?

What is it with people wanting to infringe on my paid for piece of paradise? If I pay $400+ for a room, I am paying for all the services and ambiance the hotel has to offer, including serenity. If you want to pay the same rate bring your kids along with you and enjoy, but if you are too frugal to stay where I am that's tough. A hotel isn't a water park!

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,317 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can you buy a pass to the Hilton Village pools for the day?

He was not asking to swin there free (as some people do.) He is only asking if he can buy a day pass. It's only a question so let's not be rude, huh. No one is trying to take your piece of paradise.

8. Re: Can you buy a pass to the Hilton Village pools for the day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2012, 21:10
West Lafayette...
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Can you buy a pass to the Hilton Village pools for the day?

Call the hotel and ask them about renting a "day room." Someone from this thread said they were able to rent a day room until 5pm for $135.

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g60982-i38-k375…

Edited: 07 February 2012, 16:53
San Carlos...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can you buy a pass to the Hilton Village pools for the day?

It's not being rude. It's about paying for something and then getting bombarded by non-hotel guests and children. I have had this happen a few of times over the years where there were groups of locals with tons of kids taking over a pool, being obnoxiously loud, breaking all the pool rules and then leaving the premises. They were obviously friends of some of the hotel staff. If I pay for a beautiful hotel and services they should be for the most part limited to the clientele of the hotel. How's about if I come to your house and bbq in your backyard and use your pool because I can't afford my own home. I'll pay for a couple of hours of use. Really I won't be a bother. Really how the OP feel at the condo they are going to stay at if it was filled with non paying guests and you couldn't find a lounge chair or umbrella or relax in peace and quiet. I don't see why anyone would think this is acceptable. Common sense to me.