We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle from Honolulu to Waikiki Hotels

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sydney australia
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle from Honolulu to Waikiki Hotels

Hi, Our last couple of visits to Waikiki we have just gone out the front and jumped on a Roberts shuttle. As we were no need to be rushed there (from an early flight from Australia 10.20.am ) this suited us fine.

This time we will be coming from Maui in the afternoon.

I noticed thar Roberts don.t seem to have this service, anymore you seem to have to prebook. I.ve seen everyone thinks Hawaii23 is good. Do you have to prebook them or just go out the front? Taxi not bothered about them really.

Any help would be good. If we have to prebook can we do this at Maui.

Arroyo Grande...
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle from Honolulu to Waikiki Hotels

http://speedishuttle.com/

SpeediShuttle is the new kid on the block with very nice van transportation between HNL and Waikiki. I booked in advance on-line, but I doubt that it is a must. You could call them from Maui if you like.

http://www.robertshawaii.com/

Roberts is using smaller vans now. Looks like you can book them on-line. I haven't used them, but I have used SpeediShuttle.

I have no idea whether Hawaii23 is any good.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,452 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle from Honolulu to Waikiki Hotels

If you want to use Hawaii23, book them in advance. They have a very good reputation on this board.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle from Honolulu to Waikiki Hotels

We flew into Honolulu from Kauai in the middle of the day, and just got the first shuttle that came along. It was easy.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,473 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle from Honolulu to Waikiki Hotels

Hawaii23 is the favorite of this board. Call in advance for reservations. Twenty three dollars transporation into Waikiki instead of $35 for a taxi.

http://hawaii23.com/

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttle from Honolulu to Waikiki Hotels

We used Roberts in December. Their representative met us when we got off the plane, and took us directly to luggage claim. They handled all baggage for us, and then took us to hotel in one of their new smaller shuttle buses. This service was $20/pp/round-trip and we loved it. We were at the hotel about 30 minutes after leaving the airport.

Luggage claim was the only disaster and that wasn't Roberts' fault. Three big mainland flights had baggage claim on the same carousel. That was on Hawaiian Airlines!

I highly recommend Roberts--booked them on-line, got my booking information and had it printed out even before we flew!

albany, n.y.
Level Contributor
697 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Shuttle from Honolulu to Waikiki Hotels

The new shuttle charges $14.55 per person. You have to wait until the bus fills up before you leave the airport. Taxis cost between $30-40. If you prebook a cab you can get a fixed price of $30.00. They will be waiting for you when you arrive. Google, Honolulu airport taxis to Waikiki and a few companies will show up.

7. Re: Shuttle from Honolulu to Waikiki Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2013, 10:19