We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

polynesian cultural center circle tour

Erie Pa
Level Contributor
28 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
polynesian cultural center circle tour

How is the round trip polynesian cultural center circle tour with ambassador dinner package? Do you get enough time on the stops to enjoy the sights such as Diamond Head Look out and the Dole pinapple plantation?

Long Island City...
Level Contributor
480 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: polynesian cultural center circle tour

I'm interested in knowing what the PCC dinner package is like as well.

Arroyo Grande...
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: polynesian cultural center circle tour

First - wow, that's a long day if you want to stay at the PCC for the evening show (the super highlight at PCC in my opinion). The circle looks doable. You're not going to hike Diamond Head or the Lighthouse Trail. It's alot of filing on and off a bus! The Dole Plantation is a tourist trap - but good for a potty break or quick refreshment.

I would much rather drive around the Island on my own good time! But, the pick-up for the PCC is a nice feature if you are staying late.

It's about an hour from Waikiki to PCC (shortest route).

Level Contributor
71 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: polynesian cultural center circle tour

I took it last year and loved it. I would have preferred more time at the Dole Plantation, it was too rushed. Especially after I got caught up by a pearl seller on the porch and she wasted most of my time. I took the Ambassador Circle tour and also had a great seat at the night show Ha. A long day but a very good one.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: polynesian cultural center circle tour

I'd just purchase the Ambasador package, and see the other places on your own, you won't get good pictures or views on a tour bus...the ambasador package is still an all day event, starts at 12 and you leave around 1030 im told.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
494 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: polynesian cultural center circle tour

We used the Entertainment book coupon for BOGO admission, but added on the luau and the night show. We looked at the seat map, and booked the front row seats immediately beside those "Ambassador" seats.

We drove ourselves, and went to Honolulu first, saw Iolani Palace, King K Statue, other places in downtown, and Chinatown. Then drove to Pali Lookout, then to PCC. Enjoyed PCC, luau, and the great night show. Saved a lot of money.

Others can pay a lot for the A package, and get pampered.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,066 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: polynesian cultural center circle tour

Personally I would skip the tour bus routine and do it yourself. You can spend the morning seeing what you want, at your pace without a huge crowd on and off a bus and then head to PCC for the afernoon.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,442 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: polynesian cultural center circle tour

I would also skip the tour & do it on your own a different day.

It is a world of difference when you can tour at your own pace.

Level Contributor
71 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: polynesian cultural center circle tour

I was picked up at 8 AM - we toured until about 1, and got to the PCC about 1:30. That gave me enough time there, but I chose not to see all the PCC villages. I wanted to make sure I took that side bus trip to see BYU Hawaii as well.

We did get off the tour bus a lot, at about 7 or 8 places at least. Mostly beach lookouts, Diamondhead, Amelia Earhart statue, overview of where from Here to Eternity was shot. No north shore stops, just a look out the moving window.

It did meet my needs. The driver explained how to use the Bus to get back to some of the places for those interested.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: polynesian cultural center circle tour

there are two dinner packages if you look on their site that come with the ambasador package, the ali luau or the prime rib dining...a friend of mine had the ali luau and said was excellent, so much food, we purchased the prime rib dining as it has more seafood which we love..

10. Re: polynesian cultural center circle tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 23:17