We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Credit Card in Taxis

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
164 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Credit Card in Taxis

Hello All,

Will be going to Oahu April 7th thru the 13th. I have searched under taxi, but just keep reading about the debates btw the different car services. Flying in from NY I just want to get to the Royal Hawaiian. Here in NYC, taxis accept credit cards. Do they in Honolulu?

Thank you all

Arroyo Grande...
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Credit Card in Taxis

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60982-i38-k514281…

Current thread on the same issue.

You can easily catch a cab right outside of the luggage area where there is a line-up of them - all sizes. There is an attendant to help. You could probably just ask about credit card use at that point. The cost to Waikiki is about $35 - but with gas going through the roof, the bottom line might be higher when you arrive.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
164 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Credit Card in Taxis

Thank you! I never thought to search cabs :(

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
47,077 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Credit Card in Taxis

Have the cash ready, very few take credit cards.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Credit Card in Taxis

Taxi are little to none that accepts credit cards at the airport.

Credit card taxi companies are Charley's Taxi (1-808-531-1111) and TheCAB (1-808-422-2222). You can make pre-arrange pickups with these companies.

I suggest that you call the Royal Hawaiian Hotel, ask for the concierge's desk and check if they would be able to pre-book TheCAB for you, simply, because the hotel taxi service is provided by TheCAB. Average fare approx. $40.00. Please be aware that the taxi driver is charged anywhere from 10 - 15% for accepting your credit card that goes to the taxi company, less, income for the driver.

Good luck, tip well ......................

5. Re: Credit Card in Taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 20:14