We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how can miami beat honolulu/your best beach please

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
how can miami beat honolulu/your best beach please

sorry trip advisor,you got the list wrong,,top 25 best beaches in the world,,not one aussie beach,,plus miami got 9th???? omg your kidding,,honolulu came in a 15 with no mention of lanikai..??

west australia has some of the most beautiful beaches that run rings around miami(gods its plain),,and whitehaven in QLD didnt get a mention either

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,056 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: how can miami beat honolulu/your best beach please

It was based on a TripAdvisor survey.

It was basically a popularity contest.

The two mentioned for Hawaii are the two with the most people going to them.

There are far more people that go to Honolulu beaches than any other beaches in Hawaii.

There are far more people that go to Miami beaches than Honolulu beaches.

Doesn't make them better. It just means more popular.

tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Beaches-cDes…

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how can miami beat honolulu/your best beach please

I was just in Miami Beach this weekend and while I do like the beaches there, it doesn't compare to the beauty of HAWAII!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how can miami beat honolulu/your best beach please

well there is a lot of people on trip advisor missing out on some good beaches LOL

I so think miami is so over rated,biggest let down ever when i went,,the bars along the beach streeet is the only good thing.

Yeah surveys are not the best ,if you ever come to australia best beaches are in western australia,,forget bondi ,thats just the busiest.

West australia has been lucky to keep those amazing beaches low key for all these years

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how can miami beat honolulu/your best beach please

I like the beaches here in the Great Lakes....we do have 3 or 4 months to enjoy them every year...lol

No sharks, no jelly fish and the water tastes good.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,542 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how can miami beat honolulu/your best beach please

>>>how can miami beat honolulu/your best beach please<<<

The same way that Cheesecake Factory can be the #19 ranked restaurant out of 1,243 in Honolulu.

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how can miami beat honolulu/your best beach please

well...it's the same with ululani's getting #1 restaurant in lahaina.

for one...it's not even a restaurant.

they even tout it on their website...check it out: http://ululanisshaveice.com/

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how can miami beat honolulu/your best beach please

I like Ululani's and I get the 4 $ order which is fair priced but surely not the #1 on Maui. ice and sugar, sounds like an addict to me.

Florida is probably the most followed destination forum with the more voters.

I been to Miami Baech and its just ok. soft sand and you can walk out a 100 yards and still be chest deep. post 3 has it, I start drinking at noon in Miami across the beach cause its whats fun there.

Hawaii beaches are # 1 perfect water temp year long.

Edited: 09 March 2012, 02:30
Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
7,053 posts
281 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how can miami beat honolulu/your best beach please

BrightonBill...i'm with you!

our Great Lakes beaches ranks with the best of 'em.... it's just that nobody outside our region really knows about them, thus, they'll never make these silly lists....

granted, our beaches don't have the stunning backdrops as seen on the islands, or south africa or wherever...... but in terms of quality of sand, width of beach, length of beach, swimmability (sp?), water temps (in those short 4 months, of course!), clarity of water, lack of pain/death-causing water creatures....i'll put warren dunes, silver beach, tiscornia beach, north beach, oval beach, holland, grand haven, silver lake dunes, ludington city and state, manistee, empire, sleeping bear dunes and beaver island up against any of them... and how many of them can claim to have have ice volcanoes?!?!?

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,542 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how can miami beat honolulu/your best beach please

>>>I like the beaches here in the Great Lakes....we do have 3 or 4 months to enjoy them every year...lol

No sharks, no jelly fish and the water tastes good.<<<

And 'skeeters the size of sparrows...... no thanks :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: how can miami beat honolulu/your best beach please

Yes did see florida has a few in the list,,and guess because every second person from the UK visits the forum and travels to florida year after year..

when i first did visit the orlando board I thought i must of been in a UK section lol