We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What clothing do men need in mid April?

new york, ny
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What clothing do men need in mid April?

I hear things are casual....we probably won't do any "fancy" places. We will be going to places like Duke's maybe Tiki's, maybe go to Top of Waikiki for a happy hour.

I love shorts....Do I ever need to wear a pear of pants? Can I get away with shorts and nice short sleeve shirt anywhere?

Can I wear closed sandals anywhere?

Thanks

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,695 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What clothing do men need in mid April?

Wear a pair of long pants for the plane ride...it's the last time you will need them! Shorts can go anywhere except a few, very high-end places. Collared shirts and closed sandals are considered dressing up!

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What clothing do men need in mid April?

If you are keeping it casual, shorts and sandals are the norm!

I actually pack my sandals in my carry-on and change into them right at the Continental gate :) My husband used to think I was crazy but I have noticed he is packing his too now! LOL

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,775 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What clothing do men need in mid April?

According to Caddy, "speedos".

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What clothing do men need in mid April?

Dusty.... hahahahaha !!!!!!

new york, ny
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: What clothing do men need in mid April?

wow. If I do not have to I will never put on a pair of pants. so i don't think I will even pack a pair. thanks.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
891 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What clothing do men need in mid April?

Men need clothes? Hmm...

Seattle
Level Contributor
46,674 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What clothing do men need in mid April?

You'll want one pair of long pants that you wear on the plane ride. That's it. You don't even need "close toed sandals"... slippahs (flip flops) are OK.

suze

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
494 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What clothing do men need in mid April?

Didn't think there be this many replies for the question. But if the question was what clothing do women need, it should just be

"good looking bikinis"

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
27,082 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What clothing do men need in mid April?

Would you all wear shorts to Orchids?

Arroyo Grande...
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What clothing do men need in mid April?

***I love shorts....Do I ever need to wear a pear of pants? Can I get away with shorts and nice short sleeve shirt anywhere?

Can I wear closed sandals anywhere**

With very few exceptions, a nice pair of short and an aloha shirt are perfect. And sandals are fine ... not too ratty.

Do wear pants, as the police are somewhat reluctant to let you run around without them.

(Kidding aside, you may freeze your toches on the plane, so long pants and tennies with socks are a good idea. Tennies and socks are good to have along in Hawaii anyway for hiking around and blister control.)