We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening Gown Shopping

Esperance Western...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Topic
Evening Gown Shopping

I am coming over to Hawaii in about 2 weeks and being an Aussie I love to shop in American stores. I am after an evening gown for a special occasion later on in the year and I was wondering if there were any stores people could recommend that I visit? I will have a look in the department stores etc, but i was thinking more of a specialty shop?

I'm staying at the Outrigger Reef and won't have a car if that helps!

Thanks

Sask
Level Contributor
700 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evening Gown Shopping

My daughter bought her graduation dress from the Macy's store at the Ala Moana Center - lots of choices. There is also a Nordstrom's in the same mall.

SYDNEY AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
406 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evening Gown Shopping

Try Nordstrom Rack at Ward centre, it is a very short bus ride.

We have picked up Calvin Klein evening dresses at Ross Dress for less stores very very cheap ( I mean really ridiculously cheap to what we pay in OZ). One was less than $30.

There is one at Ward also, and one in Waikki, and one behind the Ala Moana centre near Walmart that would be easy for you to get to.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,400 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evening Gown Shopping

Well you certainly got diverse answers from both ends of the spectrum.

I was going to suggest Nieman Marcus.

Arroyo Grande...
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Evening Gown Shopping

Go to the Ala Moana (Shopping) Center. It's a short bus ride or cab ride from the Outrigger Reef. There is a large Macy's, a Nieman Marcus, and Nordstrom ... all large, high-quality department stores. And there are tons of other shops there as well.

http://alamoanacenter.com/

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Evening Gown Shopping

You will find what you want at Ala Moana mall.

The Betsy Johnson store is a hit for young girls. My fairer loves that place.

Niemans, Macy's and others in that area are perfect options.

6. Re: Evening Gown Shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 14:41