We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire in Oahu

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cairns
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Car Hire in Oahu

We would love to hire a convertible to drive around the island, but a popular travel guide haddock suggested that car break-ins atelier rife in some areas, so is a convertible a bad idea?

Dallas
Level Contributor
20,766 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire in Oahu

No, just don't leave anything of value in the car when you get out.

Some disagreement on here as to whether or not to leave the car unlocked. I'm a believer in leaving it unlocked so they don't break your windows to get into the trunk latch.

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire in Oahu

I enjoy convertibles when visiting Hawaii. Don't leave anything visible and you should be fine.

Get a Camaro convertible :)

Dallas
Level Contributor
20,766 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire in Oahu

Get a Mustang !!!

Arroyo Grande...
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire in Oahu

Whether you have a convertible or not makes no difference. Don't leave valueables in plan site.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire in Oahu

There are some cool cars at chase hawaii rentals royal hawaiian aave,,,,justdown a bit from the royal grove or say behind the hyatt,,they have a awsome yellow camaro,the bubble bee car we called it,we sat in it and took photo but didnt rent it,,it was $188 for me that was with the extra insurance,they had some really cool cars we walked past them everyday and drooled

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Hire in Oahu

thats bumble bee,,from transformers

Cairns
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Hire in Oahu

Haha, my husband now has his heart set on that car!!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Hire in Oahu

lol

look in this photo album,,ive added some photos of the car to the beach works photos ive posted in another topic

…photobucket.com/albums/ii615/carlyschooks/

Cairns
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Hire in Oahu

Awesome!!!

10. Re: Car Hire in Oahu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 10:16