We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach chairs

connecticut
Level Contributor
126 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
beach chairs

We will be staying in Waikiki in July and would like to visit some of the other beaches, maybe north shore. We don't want to worry about trying to find a place to rent chairs everywhere we go so I would like to know if anyone can let me know where to buy some very cheap ones to leave behind when done.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach chairs

You can try the Walmart behind the Ala Moana Shopping Center. It's about a block and a half behind it. You didn't say, but if you are staying at a condo, you probably have chairs there already. If not and you find chairs, when you leave please pass them on to someone else, you'll feel good, they'll feel good, and so will the environment :)

connecticut
Level Contributor
126 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach chairs

Hi delygirl....thanks for the info. I will do that. I planned on getting some cheap chairs and giving them to someone else when we leave. I wish someone would do that for me but who knows...maybe someone will. Thanks again for the speedy response. :)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach chairs

You can rent an umbrella and two chairs for $30 at Snorkel Bob's and I believe a cooler costs another five. This is a weekly rental cost.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beach chairs

singermom has a good idea, but if you don't plan on renting a car you wouldn't be able to take them on the bus. Too far out of Waikiki to walk. I can see you plan on visiting the North Shore, so I'm guessing you would have a car. It would be way cheaper to rent from snorkelbobs, also you wouldn't have to worry about giving your chairs away.

http://www.snorkelbob.com/

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beach chairs

I don't know, but I have looked, and looked on the snorkel bob's website, and I can't see anywhere that you can rent chairs and umbrella's. I'm sure you can, but you may have to call ahead to find out.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
47,312 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: beach chairs

You are right, delygirl, Snorkel Bob's doesn't advertise renting chairs and umbrella's on their web-site. I did call them about a month ago here on Oahu and was told yes, they do rent 2 chairs and an umbrella for 30.00 a week. Coolers are an extra 5.00. We've done this a couple of times on Maui. Easy!!

We also have taken our sand chairs, umbrella, beach bag and snorkels on the bus.

connecticut
Level Contributor
126 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: beach chairs

This sounds good. I assume the chairs are regular sand chairs of some kind and not a regular lounge chair. Am I correct. My mom is older and cannot use a low to the ground sand chair so I may need to get her a different chair. Thanks to all of you for your help.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: beach chairs

Thanks MsFuzz, we may rent while on our last leg of our trip as we have a car that week. Then again the condo may have chairs we can use. Do you happen to know if you can purchase the sunblock t-shirts at their store or if they only sell them online?

Montreal, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: beach chairs

My husband and I will be visiting Oahu in a few weeks , would like to rent from Snorkel Bob's, do we reserve in advance or just go and pick up when we are there? thank you

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: beach chairs

The website says you can do either, but if you reserve online, they have more time to fit you better.

Also found out that you can buy sunblock t-shirts at the store.

Edited: 07 April 2012, 15:13