We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused about Honolulu Academy of Art food options

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,789 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Confused about Honolulu Academy of Art food options

We're going to be doing the Shangri-La Tour, and visiting the museum beforehand (admission included with tour ticket).

We were thinking of grabbing a bite to eat there, yet it seems that the Cafe/restaurant is located far away at the Spalding House? Is there any kind of snack bar/restaurant at the Museum on Beretania St.? We don't want a big meal, maybe just soup or salad or something. I can't see anything on their website about a place to eat.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
930 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused about Honolulu Academy of Art food options

Yes, they have a lovely cafe right in the Academy. Sorry, I don't know the hours of operation but I did check out the site and the menu when I visited in January. I regretted that I couldn't fit it into my schedule because everything looked wonderful.

You'll love the tour--Shangri La is amazing.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,191 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused about Honolulu Academy of Art food options

There is a restaurant at Honolulu Academy of Arts. Expensive though. Honolulu Museum of Art Cafe (may be new name). Or Pavilion Cafe (old name)

Also seems like Honolulu Academy of Arts is now Honolulu Museum of Art.

http://www.honoluluacademy.org/

Click on: Visit

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,789 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confused about Honolulu Academy of Art food options

Yes, I saw that place listed weeks ago and couldn't find it again, I just didn't click on enough links. Thanks dusty.

palm springs
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confused about Honolulu Academy of Art food options

It is a bit expensive there, but the food is very good with menu items being unique and much better than your average commercial restaurant.

5. Re: Confused about Honolulu Academy of Art food options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 08:16