We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus return from Pearl Harbor

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Bus return from Pearl Harbor

We will be in Honolulu in June and want to take the bus from Waikiki to Pearl Harbor. I have the Route 42 schedule westbound and the arrival times at the Arizona Memorial are shown. However, the eastbound schedule back to Waikiki does not show the Airzona Memorial stop. Is the stop known by another name for the return trip?

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,177 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus return from Pearl Harbor

They don't list all of the stops. But the nearest stop that is listed is Kam Highway Salt Lake.

You can also take #20 either way without having to transfer.

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus return from Pearl Harbor

Just walk up the hill back to King Kam Hwy--turn left and bus stop is maybe 200' from the corner. Buses come along regularly--take either #20 or #42--whichever one comes along first.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,177 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus return from Pearl Harbor

cruz is correct.

To take the bus back, you have to walk up to Kam Highway to the bus stop.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus return from Pearl Harbor

We've done this a few times and the bus drops you right into the Memorial.

The return is as everyone says above... it's so easy ... and the cheapest way to get to the memorial.

Drive takes about an hour through metropolitan Honolulu, but I enjoy that.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,370 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus return from Pearl Harbor

Aloha,

Maybe check out China Town and the Aloha Tower Marketplace on the way back

http://www.alohatower.com/

Have a great stay,

Aloha

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus return from Pearl Harbor

Thanks so much for your replies. Now I'll feel more confident that I know what I'm doing. I've been to Hawaii several times but never managed to get to the Memorial, so I'm really looking forward to it. I'm even looking forward to the bus ride!

7. Re: Bus return from Pearl Harbor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 12:16