We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luau

san jose
Level Contributor
128 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Luau

hi experts!

I know this topic has been discussed over n over again.. but... here we go...

planning trip for parents and family (us and 1.5 yr old) to hawaii. parents havent been to hawaii before but we have been twice and been to a luau before at HHV.

Trying to figure out which luau to pick. Not thinking about spending a day at PCC as it may be a bit too much.

Really looking for great food (with drinks if possible) and nice show by the beach for a luau.

Any recommendations? Or is PCC still considered the best based on show n food?

san jose
Level Contributor
128 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luau

Forgot to say that with my 1.5yr old, sitting still for a show is going to be almost impossible as he wants to run around :P so thats a big factor that we may not want to go to PCC...

also planning to rent a car so transportation's fine

Honolulu, Hawaii
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Luau

I would recommend Paradise Cove because they do have some activities before the luau begins or there is a new once called Chiefs Luau which is on the eastside by Sea Life Park. This one does not operate everyday. I work in the tour and activity industry in Hawaii so get to do all these things for free :)

Melbourne
Level Contributor
174 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luau

I recommend Paradise Cove. We went there a couple of years ago and had a great time. It's busy (which you'll find some TA reviewers complain about) but there's something always going on/to do. My son was 7 at the time and loved every minute of it.

san jose
Level Contributor
128 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luau

Thanks folks. One thing though do they have like a lengthy show where everyone needs to be seated? Or it's more casual where some notice n moving about is going to b fine?

My kid is like 1.5 yr n really active so it's hard to keep him seated.

san jose
Level Contributor
128 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luau

Thanks folks. One thing though do they have like a lengthy show where everyone needs to be seated? Or it's more casual where some notice n moving about is going to b fine?

My kid is like 1.5 yr n really active so it's hard to keep him seated.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,686 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Luau

Aloha,

Kid's and Luau is what it has been about since the beginning.

You and your child can do what ever you want, if you want to move to a place that is more quiet or a place for him/her to walk around should not be a problem.

The people that run the show will have no problems and what is a Luau if you dont have kids running around.

Thats how we roll.

Not a formal affair at all.

Paradise Cove sounds like a great idea.

Have a great time,

Aloha

7. Re: Luau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 00:17